2002 LB7 Upgrades?? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
01-04.5 LB7 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 01-04 LB7 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Earnhardtfan
  • 1 Post By BearGhost
  • 1 Post By LILLY&ALLY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

2002 LB7 Upgrades??

New to the LB7 world and am looking to upgrade the exhaust, suspension, and injectors. Im not looking to put a tuner of any kind on it. truck has around 143k miles on it and body is sharp, but im sure it will need injectors soon and I just don't like the factory stance of how it sits. I have a torsion key leveling kit that hasn't been installed yet, but I do know the torsion bolts can be turned up to improve the way it sits. What's the best keys or the torsion bar bolts tightened? Will I need to add different shocks after the torsion keys are installed for a smoother ride if I go that route? Whats the best injectors to install if Im not going with a tuner? Whats the best brand of exhaust to go with, affordability and installation ease? Any upgrades on turbos? Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxcrew View Post
New to the LB7 world and am looking to upgrade the exhaust, suspension, and injectors. Im not looking to put a tuner of any kind on it. truck has around 143k miles on it and body is sharp, but im sure it will need injectors soon and I just don't like the factory stance of how it sits. I have a torsion key leveling kit that hasn't been installed yet, but I do know the torsion bolts can be turned up to improve the way it sits. What's the best keys or the torsion bar bolts tightened? Will I need to add different shocks after the torsion keys are installed for a smoother ride if I go that route? Whats the best injectors to install if Im not going with a tuner? Whats the best brand of exhaust to go with, affordability and installation ease? Any upgrades on turbos? Any help would be appreciated!
For the front end I just cranked the bolts in 6 turns, for injectors do not go with the cheapest on Ebay. The injectors in my truck I purchased from Lincoln Diesel Specialties and haven't had any problems, but at my job we normally use injectors from Industrial Injection and also have never had a problem. As far as exhaust all I did was replace the muffler with a 3.5" id piece of pipe and it has an awesome sound to it.

The picture is after 6 turns on the bars, I still want it to have a rake to it since when I do use the truck it gets REALY USED.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1335.jpg (83.4 KB, 91 views)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Sharp Truck! Thanks for the advice!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Sharp Truck! Thanks for the advice!
Thank you, first diesel I've owned but certainly not the first I've worked on. I've done so many Ford Powerstroke's that I can get the cab off in 45 minutes!
but for me to own a diesel it had to be something that doesn't come through the shop often.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 03:27 AM
DF Sponsors

We can help you with all your needs from injectors to a leveling kit. Give us a call or PM me and I'll get you taken care of.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 05:20 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
If you go with bigger injectors, you will need to tune it otherwise you're just wasting fuel and money. I have a stock suspension truck, but use Bilstein shocks on it. It rides way better than the stockers. Exhaust, 5" w/ muffler + LB7 = perfect. Nice deep rumble at idle and minimal drone at highway speeds or hauling. Turbo....I got nothin. Mines stock and been good for the last 445K+ miles. Tunes are from Idaho Rob. Any injectors, go with from Brent at LDS. Lift pump for extra filtration to take care of those injectors. Stick with the good, reliable parts and the truck will last a long time.
Brent@LDS likes this.

Justin 2001 LB7 Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4.
EFI Live by Idaho Rob, 450K+ and rolling, Undercover Bed Cover, Vortex spray in bed liner, Odyssey Extreme Batteries, Westin steps, Bilstein Shocks, Road Master Active Suspension, M/A Pump Rub Kit, PPE Trans Cooler, MBRP 5" Exhaust, Edge Insight CTS, K&N drop in filter, AirDog II 100 w/ CAT 751, LLY FF Housing w/ Racor, Running on LMM Blacked out Wheels & Michelin LTX M/S2 tires.
ADRENALINE TRUCK PERFORMANCE
Lincoln Diesel Specialties
Merchant Automotive
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Im not looking to put a tuner of any kind on it.
Hi, I'm also running the Lincoln Diesel injectors. Only have about 15k miles so far after about 5 years, but no problems. Also you may want to consider EFI Live for tuning. I too was originally planning on not installing a tuner, but I'm very glad I decided to. EFI Live is probably one of the best things I did to my truck.
Brent@LDS likes this.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado, 165K miles 6" RCD lift, 35" Toyos, 20" XD Strikes, EFI Live from Duramaxtuner.com, S&B cold air intake, MBRP 4" Exhaust, Airdogg2 165, Cognito UCAs, Cognito tie rods, Moog ball joints, Auto Meter gauges, MBRP downpipe, Pro Fab intake horn, PPE manifolds, PPE up pipes, Built Tranny by Mike L.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:51 AM

I can also say the LDS folks(Brent& Lauren) are outstanding folks..no core charge up front for injectors??who else does that..they are the "the handshake trustworthy people like the good ole days"you have any problems, contact Brent he will help you out..injectors were clean,protected in boxes,no rust on them..cant say enough bout LDS! thank you LDS!
Brent@LDS likes this.

'04 LB7 CCSB Black 4x4 LS EFI Live(but dunno who from ? help)CS FassTi150 Beans Sump PPE boost valve MBRP downpipe Profab airhorn S&B dry intake 5" Flopro Fumoto fuel primer delete RDS 60gal/diamond plate alum tool box LDS injectors LT285/75/16 Dyna Pro ATM

'02 LB7 CCSB White 4x4 LT EFI Live by Duramaxtuner KING SPADE CTS PPE boost valve Profab airhorn Flopro 5"MBRP downpipe AFE stg. 2 w/prodry fuel primer delete FassTi150 Beans Sump DRP 5/8" trans lines LT265/75/16 Dyna Pro ATM auxbeam S2 9005/9006 6500k(love em) 331,352 miles as of 5/18/17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode