P0341 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 09:31 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

P0341

Ok i'm going to type this out and go to bed cuz i super pissed off after a long day of no starting!

Pulled my truck out of the garage this morning let it warm up for about 5 mins then i got a phone call i needed to take so i shut the truck off, 15 mins later came out and it just turned over and over and over kinda sounded like it was mis firing.

Checked the codes on my juice P0341 cam sensor... after hours of searching it seems like most people can still drive their trucks with this code but not me...

So i've cleared codes hooked and un hooked the juice, primed the fuel, checked wires... what the heck is going on? I must say about 2 weeks ago i shredded a belt but i looked at the cam sensor and it seems like the wires are fine! can the sensor be cleaned? adjusted? So with all that said can anyone shed some light? Like i said going to bed now so if anyone needs more info let me know and i'll be back on in the A.M.! Thanks everyone!
4" turbo back
Juice with attitude
PVC Reroute
AFE intake
OutlawLMM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2011, 07:40 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

This time of year brings condensation to the fuel.
I would say you probably have some water that has iced up somewhere causing the fuel inlet to be plugged.
Go to the parts store or truck stop and buy a bottle of Powerservice 911 in the red can.
Add this to the tank and spin off the fuel filter and add some to the top of it.
If you can get it in the garage and warm it up, it should work faster. Don't add the whole bottle because it usually treats 100 gal or so.
The can sensor is usually an intermittent problem and either will run and die or not fire at all.
Be careful where you get your fuel. I always add a little PowerService (white bottle) to every tank in the winter just to be safe.
Good luck! Let us know what happens.
AirDog 150
Buckstop front bumper
AFE intake
Cognito 4" Lift, non-drop torsion bar
Allison 6 speed w/Transgo Jr.
MPI Twins coming soon!
greasybentwrench is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.