Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

block heater

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Blackcloud556 
#1 ·
Hey guys I looked all over and couldn't. Find the awnser to my question, does my 05 lly have a block heater and if so where's the plug

#2 · (Edited)
If it hasn't been removed, the plug would be over near or under the battery on the passenger side.

#5 ·
All duramax equipped trucks come with a block heater installed. The cord will be wrapped/tapped up beside/under the passenger side battery. There are two types of plugs. If it looks like a regular plug, the heater will work whenever you plug it up. If the plug looks different, it only comes on when the temp falls below a certain temperature

#7 ·
I didn't have to remove anything. I did have to cut some tape and zip ties on both my LB7 and my dad's LLY. It is inside the black corrugated wire loom next to the passenger side battery.

#8 ·
You don't have to remove the battery, its up against the block closer to the front of the truck. The battery is more of a reference point but its not immediately under it.

#12 ·
My lmm x2, lbz and lb7 all had block heaters. The cords were tied up under or next to the passenger side battery.

#14 ·
The cord is already attached to the block heater. Its ziptied to the main harness on the passenger side of the truck. I don't have any pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.