P0101 help - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 02:40 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Angry P0101 help

So driving last night and truck shut down and would hardly move, I pulled codes and had the p0101 code. I looked all over the forum and people go both ways on proper way to fix. I got mass air cleaner and did nothing, so what is my next move? Please got to get back to

2005 GMC Sierra CCSB LLY
B&W Turnover Ball Gooseneck Hitch, 20 inch Eagle Alloys, 285/55 Nitto Terra Grappler, Firestone Air bags, Resonator plug, HID's, 5 inch Husker no cat no muff, Edge Evo cs, fprv shim and AirDog 165

Toy: 79 CJ 5, 401 ci V8,NV 4500,Dana 300,Dana 60 rear, 44 front on 39.5 Swampers
Bakerboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2012, 04:50 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Someone please!

2005 GMC Sierra CCSB LLY
B&W Turnover Ball Gooseneck Hitch, 20 inch Eagle Alloys, 285/55 Nitto Terra Grappler, Firestone Air bags, Resonator plug, HID's, 5 inch Husker no cat no muff, Edge Evo cs, fprv shim and AirDog 165

Toy: 79 CJ 5, 401 ci V8,NV 4500,Dana 300,Dana 60 rear, 44 front on 39.5 Swampers
Old 03-24-2012, 04:58 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Well I get that code all the time and it is not a limp-corrective code I just reset it. Do you have a cai or stock filter cause 101 code is the flow thru the sensor code. Or they say mass air performance. I'd check your filter if you have an oiled filter make sure you spray all the little diodes in the maf if one is full of oil it will short it but idk for sure just an opinion. GL
Brian 1.)05 Duramax K&N CAI, AFE Bladerunner, EDGE CTS insight, Danville Efi Live, Batmowheel, AirDog 150, AMSOIL since new, transgo jr , cat delete, EGR blocker plate, pcv re-route,viper remote start/alarm, iPOD interface,TracRac ladder setup,20%tint, and a $hit load of my free time!!

2.)7 classic LBZ cclb EDGE CTS evo, AFE CAI, 4 inch silverline
exhaust, B&W flip over GN hitch,trailer tugger truck
3.) New Holland skidsteers 190,180,454
4.)Kubota diesel mower[/SIZE][/COLOR]
cumminstrokemydmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 05:06 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Stock intake and stock filter. Cleaned sensor and it comes right back. Trying to figure out if I need to replace it or if Im Looking at something else wrong.

2005 GMC Sierra CCSB LLY

Old 03-24-2012, 05:22 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

I haven't seen a truck limp on a mass air code unless the sensor really is bad. You can get a reman sensor for like 120 plus a 45 core at autozone FYI. Is it a ses light or a soft code? It might not be the actual problem it could be a fuel filter and that mass air code was stored for a while. Hope you figure it out. Sorry that's all I have with out some more codes of symptoms
Brian 1.)05 Duramax K&N CAI, AFE Bladerunner, EDGE CTS insight, Danville Efi Live, Batmowheel, AirDog 150, AMSOIL since new, transgo jr , cat delete, EGR blocker plate, pcv re-route,viper remote start/alarm, iPOD interface,TracRac ladder setup,20%tint, and a $hit load of my free time!!

Old 03-24-2012, 05:30 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Do you have any other codes-? The 101 should not cause a "Limp"-- maybe a broken wire--???
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 05:38 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Yeah that sounds possible or the 7 and 2 injector plugs and look at your ficm harness for rub through. I'm not alone with the maf code throwing you into limp mode I walked next door and asked a dmax mech he said it should not limp your truck just lopey idle and a little smoke-haze if air flow is restricted.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:39 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

He said that will be 108 bucks! Dam dealer rates!

Old 03-24-2012, 05:43 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

No other codes. No ses light either. Just smokes really bad now, even when it lost power on the highway I never got a light just pulled the code off of my Edge. I haven't tried driving it again yet, I don't want to mess something up.

2005 GMC Sierra CCSB LLY

Old 03-24-2012, 05:44 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Lol dam stealer ship.

2005 GMC Sierra CCSB LLY

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.