broke down. Need help - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 AM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

I will ad that this problem started happening on freeway. I did accelerated pretty quickly and have never took off that hard. And like I said before, It seems like slack between trans and diff. after I tow. Not as bad when empty.

What the heck. I what to be home for thanksgiving with my daughter.
2004.5 CCLB. 2500HD. LLY. 2WD. Black. Loaded with leather. Headrest DVD system. Curt 20K Fifth Wheel, Gooseneck, Leveled Tow Mirrors, Edge CS, Chrome nerf bars. K&N CAI. Diamond plate aluminum RV chest. Kodiak MP, Cobra CB, LIL WIL antennea.

SOLD
mcrotty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 09:49 AM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

You're going to need someone to read the TCM, the code is just the tranny telling the light to come on...does the back end shake or vibrate? Have you looked at the u-joints? Is the sound coming from the engine or tranny?

And the permanent fix for the ice pick is a new harness for the #7 and #2 injectors
Built Front End
Supporting Mods
andy-stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:56 AM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

I guess I'm heading to an Autozone to use a better scanner, I just have the insight cs. If I can't figure it out there I going to have to take it to a gmc dealer from there. I'm resetting the computer now to see if that helps any.
2004.5 CCLB. 2500HD. LLY. 2WD. Black. Loaded with leather. Headrest DVD system. Curt 20K Fifth Wheel, Gooseneck, Leveled Tow Mirrors, Edge CS, Chrome nerf bars. K&N CAI. Diamond plate aluminum RV chest. Kodiak MP, Cobra CB, LIL WIL antennea.

SOLD
Old 11-19-2012, 10:06 AM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

Don't clear it or they won't be able to read anything...
Built Front End
Supporting Mods
Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 AM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

crap!! Not thinking!!! I'm just stressed out I guess. Stuck in CA and looks pretty slim on getting home. Plus my work truck and funds are getting tight.

I'm going to go get some Diesel Kleen and pour that in. Maybe some bad fuel as I remembered that I just put some in. I'll try the code reader anyways. Autozone is about 3-4 miles away I think.
Thanks for everyones help. Hopefully this repair is cheap.

SOLD
Old 11-19-2012, 10:34 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Start with a clean filter-- might have water in the fuel.

The 700 is a code that senses a trans problem-- that turns on the check engine light-- there is always another code-- ???

You might have a transfer case problem- see if the transfer case has fluid, and also it there is excessive slop on the output shaft of the TC.
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)

Did you ever have the transfer case pump rub fixed?
Built Front End
Supporting Mods
Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

Well, here we go. Right after my last post, I took off to the Autozone passing the dealer that I would go to.Still running crappy. Went there to borrow a scanner. They don't loan scanners in CA.

So I left the joint with a bottle of Diesel Kleen in my hand that went all in the tank before I left. Didn't have too much fuel in there. So I had a high count of the cleaner. I put some fuel in 70 miles ago before this all happened.

I decieded to take a joy ride before I stopped at the dealer. I passed the dealer again and I'm thinking my truck saw the dealer and it scared the rough running right out of it because it's running fine now. I think it was bad fuel. Luckly I only put maybe 5-6 gallons of the junk in the tank. I had just replaced the fuel filter 1200 miles ago which was only 3 days ago.

I stopped and got some more Diesel Kleen to put more in it. I do usually run the stuff but JUST HAPPENED to be out of it last time I put fuel it. So I'm keeping fingers crossed since I just told you guys that it's running right. I'm going to take another drive in awhile. Probably to In n Out burger. Want to test drive it before I head out of town back home to CO. 1200 miles.

I think I will think of my truck like this-----

Thnks for everyones help.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.
Mike

SOLD

Last edited by mcrotty; 11-19-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 PM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Always buy fuel at a busy station-- like a truck stop. Never at a Mom and Pop store.

Does sound like dirt/water fuel. Drain the filter at the bottom-- and look for water.
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 PM   eBay Motors  #20 (permalink)
AKA 01 D_Max

I just want to make sure you werent in limp mode from the 0700 code. It will limit rpm's to 2000 in any gear. It wont reset until the code is reset, or sometimes when the key is cycled (x) times. You may have cycled the key enough to reset the limp mode.

Or call us... 920-765-1615

SOLD
2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD, CC,SB
EFI Live V2 w/dsp5 MAX EFFORT by Idaho Rob,
EGT's Never higher than 1150*
Cognito Braces, and ATP Sleeves, BD Manifold, ARP H.Studs, M.P. mod, MA Aluminum Bleeder, PPE Boost Valve, Banks Ram Air- Intercooler, FASS 150, LBZ FPR, Shimmed FPRV, 4" MBRP turbo back exhaust w/6"tip, Corsa Muffler
@180,000-New injectors from Lincoln Diesel, CAT Adapter/filter/spacer

Air Lift, Bilstein Shocks, Leveling Kit, Recon LED tail lights & over cab lights, 20" Forged Aluminum WELD Racing Rims, 295/55/20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires
Aaron@LDS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.