Speed Limiter - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 12:08 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Speed Limiter

I have an 04 lly, and it limits the speed around 95mph.. I have the banks 6 gun, with pda installed also. just cant figure out a way to dissable the limiter. any advice?
3500lt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2007, 01:56 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Thumbs down Speed Limiter

Banks doesn't offer the option of disabling the limiter....to the public anyway! That and the speedo recalibrator is my only beef with the Banks stuff! If you want to get rid of it you'll either have to go to another programmer or "Piggy back" the Banks with a programmer that does, Bully Dog, Predator...etc!

Cheerz
07 Chevy 2500 Duramax Classic, blue granite color. MagnaFlow 4" dual exhaust, Banks Turbo Ram Intake, Banks 6 gun & PDA,EGR blocker & Fingerstick,Painless,"All On", headlight relay,Nighthawk bulbs, 3" body lift, RPM M585 black 20" wheel, 275/55R/20 Pro Comp tires, Roll n Lock,LED's, painted to match trim & bumpers, Amsoil lubricated, Amsoil Cetane boost / conditioner.
9000 km and counting!
"Fast n Bad Ass!" Cheerz

Kids Forever Fundraising Committee
Mr.Diesel2U is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2007, 06:10 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

would the efi livewire work to dissable the speed limiter? can you stack that with the banks? would it be wise to get another ecu for the livewire and keep the stock one incase you want to go back to stock? not getting that stuff till i put exhaust and intake on next month.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:58 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Yes, EFI live will do it. No need to get another ecu or pcm for it. If you buy EFI live, you can get rid of the banks. EFI live is a much better tuning tool than Banks. EFI Live is good if you like to tinker with the settings. There is a lot of support with EFI live if you buy it through a vendor. You can download tunes to see what settings they change. Eventually I am going to get EFI Live, I just need to save up the money though. Seems like there is always something else that comes up though.
TST Powermax Programmer, Diablosport Predator
305/70-16 BFG T/A KOs on Eagle Alloys Series 187
Clifford remote start. High Idle, Bilstein 5100s, 1.5" lift blocks
CAT fuel filter w/ nicktane adapter
Magnum Force Stage 2 intake with AMSOIL filter
Racor 2 Micron pre-OEM with heater & water sep
Lightforce 140s from Madjackracing
http://WWW.ATPTRUCKS.COM/
ob_1jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2007, 12:02 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

yea.. i like the pda that banks has, and i just bought it.. i try to justify the 1200 i spent for it.. so i might keep it... maybe turn it down and run tunes off the efi.. i dont know.. im goona do research before getting the efi, seeing though you can adjust just about anything.. could definatly mess shit up.. i have basic understanding on boost and fuel, but not advanced enough, so i could still damage something... thanks for the advice
Old 10-07-2007, 05:55 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Administrator

I don't know about banks, but with most other tuners just having them plugged in changes some parameters (even when set to stock or 0). Your best and cost effective way of removing the speed limiter would be to find someone with efi live and have them do it for you. I'm sure they would only charge you to buy the new license, which is only $99 IIRC. other than that, you could get a predator which only runs about 300 to remove the speed limiter if you are happy with the banks tuning. Just thowing some ideas out there.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:46 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Hey, if I decide to "Piggy back" a programmer with my Banks system, just to get rid of the limiter and speedo recalibration, should I disconnect the Banks, download the piggy back and reconnect the Banks or does it matter?

Cheerz
07 Chevy 2500 Duramax Classic, blue granite color. MagnaFlow 4" dual exhaust, Banks Turbo Ram Intake, Banks 6 gun & PDA,EGR blocker & Fingerstick,Painless,"All On", headlight relay,Nighthawk bulbs, 3" body lift, RPM M585 black 20" wheel, 275/55R/20 Pro Comp tires, Roll n Lock,LED's, painted to match trim & bumpers, Amsoil lubricated, Amsoil Cetane boost / conditioner.
9000 km and counting!
"Fast n Bad Ass!" Cheerz

Kids Forever Fundraising Committee
Mr.Diesel2U is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2007, 01:45 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Administrator

I believe that is what is recommended, but I have never done that with my TST (it's a harness box).
Old 10-26-2007, 08:24 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob_1jr View Post
Yes, EFI live will do it. No need to get another ecu or pcm for it. If you buy EFI live, you can get rid of the banks. EFI live is a much better tuning tool than Banks. EFI Live is good if you like to tinker with the settings. There is a lot of support with EFI live if you buy it through a vendor. You can download tunes to see what settings they change. Eventually I am going to get EFI Live, I just need to save up the money though. Seems like there is always something else that comes up though.
I run EFI, and have no regrets, best programmer on the market. There really isn't anything you can't touch.
Stock Tranny and Exhaust No CAT and Twister Muffler
FSW2500 Bypass filters Engine/Tranny
6 Spoke Aluminum Rims with Yokohama Geolander AT/S's (She Looks Mean)
EFILive
rebel7777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.