Power Adders - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 07:54 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Power Adders

I'm the owner of a 2004 DMAX lly that has about 40k miles, 95% of which are towing a 10k fifth wheel. I've read many threads on several forums, from which I have learned : 1) I need to change the mouthpeice. (It's in the garage, along with a fingerstick if I need that) 2) I need to run treatment in my fuel. ( I have decided and purchased OPTI-LUBE ) 3) Stock air filters may be best 4) Need to address exhaust.(4 in. turbo back stainless steel ? ) Now to the big question. I propose to start a thread to show: How much power added? How many LOADED miles on truck? How many total miles on truck? What kinds of troubles if any? Experience only, no opnions. Let's keep this real world, not high school supposition. I think there are many of us old farts wanting/ needing this kind of information. We don't need to be first, just longest lasting. No offense to anybody trying to really add lots of power, that's their thing and it's great info, it's just too much for our needs. Thanks in advance for participating.
ddiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2009, 07:57 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
812-344-4421

While towing I would not do more than 50 hp over stock. If you add a exhaust, tuner, and turbo mp you will see much cooler egt's, and a nice mileage and performance increase.

If you have any questions let me know.

Tyler
MPF
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2009, 09:53 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

The turbo inlet is a big one along with exhaust. The idea is to get the air flowing better to improve the overall efficiency of the engine. A mild tuner will also help out with additional towing power and mileage.
DSTRBD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2009, 10:28 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Banned

a mild tow tune and an exhaust will make you a happy camper. You have an LLY so yes, you for sure want to do the mouthpiece, and a PCV re-route while at it.

let me know how I can help you out getting a good reliable tune in that truck. Maybe even a turbo brake tune on a DSP2 switch. Also, you wouldn't need the fingertick with my options.
MMLMM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2009, 07:02 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

i have an lly with about 150k on it and id say about 1/3 of that maybe more is towing and i have done 4in exhaust, MP, PCV reroute plugged the resinator and blocked the egr as well as different tunings. i think these all helped alot and for tuning i would go with efi live. i first went with bully dog triple dog and i liked it but i still wanted better mileage so i tried efilive and so far i like it better because its custom and you can do everything the box tuners can do and much more. i would definetly look at if first and if you dont want to do the tuning yourself like me, get someone on here to sell you a tune and it should work good and you dont have to worry about learning it. also if you do the MP and exhaust you wont have to worry about temps so you really dont need to get gauges in my opinion. just my 2 cents

05 LLY 2500HD CC SB, 4x4
EFI Live from IdahoRob, egr Blocked (not fingered), pcv reroute, LBZ MP, Resonator blocked, 4 in diamond eye exhaust dp back w/ muffler, no cat, K&N air filter, Bilstein 5100s from NorCal, 315 Toyo MTs, buckstop front end replacement w/ warn powerplant 12K and 3 hella black magics and 2 hella 500s
pmdickso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.