LLY injector leak - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 05:38 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

LLY injector leak

Alright so I just drove from Kansas to Arizona and during the trip I started to smell more of a diesel smell in the cab and also when I would stop and fuel. When I got home I found that the metal sleeve from the fuel line going into the injector on #8 had a small leak at the base. Nothing major but enough to make the side of the motor wet. Is this an injector problem or is there an o-ring in that sleeve connecting to the injector??
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2009, 05:50 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

by sleeve, you mean the fuel line where it connects I assume..? sure it's tight?, no o-ring that I know of. grab a 17mm wrench and make sure it's tight.
05 Duramax LLY, 4wd, crewcab, LT, black and debadged, BMS/Burkhard built LLY with Howard's Xtreme Duty rods, cam/crank pin fix,cut pistons, DPR HV oil pump, ARP head studs, MPI twins, SCIII/1050,MBRP 4" straight, EFILive by Rob,Rear diff upgrade from Tony, 18" Gear Alloy Double Pumps on 285 Nitto Terra Grapplers,Rhino lined, SD tie rod sleeves, 5% tint all around, Kennedy dual pumps/pickup, Optima battery, Autometer C2 60 boost/1600 pyro/100 oil on a-pillar, ATP spring clamps, Fumoto, Bilsteins
NRA/GOA/TSRA
05lly2500hd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2009, 05:54 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Yes from the fuel line. It is tight. First thing I checked.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:05 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddimel View Post
Yes from the fuel line. It is tight. First thing I checked.
if the injector is down and tight, it may be the o-ring on the injector??????????

I had a small fuel "leak" on #8, matter of fact, and it was the o-ring on the injector, had to replace o-ring and washer.
There was a TON of carbon build up on injector body as well.
05 Duramax LLY, 4wd, crewcab, LT, black and debadged, BMS/Burkhard built LLY with Howard's Xtreme Duty rods, cam/crank pin fix,cut pistons, DPR HV oil pump, ARP head studs, MPI twins, SCIII/1050,MBRP 4" straight, EFILive by Rob,Rear diff upgrade from Tony, 18" Gear Alloy Double Pumps on 285 Nitto Terra Grapplers,Rhino lined, SD tie rod sleeves, 5% tint all around, Kennedy dual pumps/pickup, Optima battery, Autometer C2 60 boost/1600 pyro/100 oil on a-pillar, ATP spring clamps, Fumoto, Bilsteins
NRA/GOA/TSRA
Old 12-08-2009, 04:56 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Did you have to remove the injector??
Old 12-08-2009, 05:04 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddimel View Post
Did you have to remove the injector??
yea, it was a pain but not TOO bad.
NRA/GOA/TSRA
Old 12-08-2009, 05:09 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

Does anything else need to be removed to get the injector out??
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.