Injector Problems!! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 07:27 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Injector Problems!!

Alright guys, took my truck to the dealer Tuesday. Know the service manager, he called and said 3-injectors were bad. Since I have the Bullydog programmer on it, they voided the injector warranty, even though my BUDDY... Who is the service manager said he would warranty them. So now I am looking at major money to fix it.
Do you guys think if I take the programmer off and take it to another dealership they would know that it had already been checked over. Everyone is telling me to take it off and go to a 2nd dealer and they should warranty it.
Let me know what yall think, and feel free to call if you have any ideas.

903-692-3875
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2010, 12:08 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Cant hurt to try, but my Buddie the service manager told me that ECM's on the truck store a code when programers/tuners are added. Even if tuners/programers are set to stock the code is still there. I had an Edge, unhooked it and had my Buddie reflash me to stock. But it cant hurt, I mean all they can tell you is the same info your Buddie told ya. Or they fix you up under warranty.

Wether the above info is correct or not I have no idea. He is a friend, but not a beer drinking friend so I only take his word as a salesman.
Cobalt Series Pyro/Boost / 33" Toyo MT's
2" Level / Bushwacker Pocket Flares / LINE-X
Protech Headache Rack / Delta Toolbox / RECON's
AMSOIL
kwbaum829 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 12:14 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

How many miles do you have on your truck??? Its rare you hear that injectors on a lly go bad. Ive got over 200k on stock injectors with no problems and have been running one kind of tunnng or another since the day i bought it. How do they know their bad? did they check the balance rates?? If so what was the balance rates on the three that were bad?
DSP5
5'' MBRP 5-6 Tip
LBZ MP
Sleeves-PPE lift pump
Hot/Cold side intercooler pipes
Blisten 5100's
8k HID'S Low/High/Fog
20'' XD Chrome Monsters
LLYD_MAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 12:47 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

do it yourself save money and its fun. if not take it off and go to a differnt steallership, cant hurt
Old 02-26-2010, 04:47 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Well I finally got the truth out, and it is only 2-bad injectors. I got the fuel rail pressure tested on each, and they all were good except the same 2. So I am going to get teh 2-fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.