p0202, p0207, p2149 - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 08:21 AM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekee1 View Post
where did you find info on the harness being cover under warranty? I have an 06 lly completely stock, that is having the same problem and throwing the same codes, but my dealer says only lubricated parts are covered so the wont do it. Thanks in advance for your help.
if you are having problems with this issue call the gm customer service number and you can get it cleared up with them. i dont have the 1-800 number but i am sure you can google it and find it... i do know for a fact this issue is a warrenty issue, just had mine done at no cost....
Banks monster Exhaust
AFE Intake with pro-guard filter
6" procomp lift on 33" tires
New injector harness.....:rockin
vettesplus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 11:21 AM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)

should be under emissions warranty
lostscout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2010, 02:12 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Has anyone heard of a dtc B0299? This is what i found online but have no idea what it means..... Anyone heard of this before?

B0229 Recirculate Position Feedback Circuit Range/Performance HVAC Control Module DTC B0229, B0414, B0424, or B3770
Old 05-23-2010, 10:22 AM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

2004.5 GMC 2500 HD Duramax:
Here we go again. January 2005 had P0202 (Injector Circuit Malfunction-Cylinder 2, also P2149 (FICM (fuel injection control module)...New engine wiring harness installed under warranty (32,000 miles)...Doc ID# 1566267.

Today, it is de javu all over again, though MORE THAN 5 years later, 98,000 miles, same doggone P0202 & P2149 codes. Will be interesting what the dealer tells me tomorrow.

Ralph (who is not happy right now)
RalphV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 02:44 PM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

Question Warranty question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettesplus View Post
if you are having problems with this issue call the gm customer service number and you can get it cleared up with them. i dont have the 1-800 number but i am sure you can google it and find it... i do know for a fact this issue is a warrenty issue, just had mine done at no cost....
I notice that yours is a 2005, mine is a 2004.5 GMC 2500HD Duramax 6.6L, Allison tranny, thus past the 5 years on the warranty, has 98,000 miles, I had exact same codes in January 2005 at 30,000 miles and was under warranty...seems a shame this keeps occurring.

Guess what I was getting to, were you past the 5 year warranty when yours was done at NO Cost to you.

Thanks,

RalphV
Old 05-26-2010, 09:02 PM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

Red face 2004.5 CODES PO202 & P2149/98,000 miles

Same codes as 2005, new engine wiring harness at that time, this time was 90 degree connectors for both #2 & #7 injectors, also glow plug control module replacement, then should be good to go. Dealer found no chafing on alternator bracket, a good thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.