LLY injectors 2/7 Ice Pick Fix - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 09:04 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

LLY injectors 2/7 Ice Pick Fix

Just wondering how many miles you can go before you'll have any problems with injectors 2 or 7? I do carry an ice pick and instructions just in case. I only have 68,000 original miles on my 05 HD 2500. Is there a set time I should do the ice pick fix or just drive until I have a problem. I had to do the ice pick fix on my buddys truck last summer, but he had close to 200K on his truck...
LBZ mouthpiece upgrade, BD Exhaust, MBRP DP, Banks Ram-Air with SuperScoop ,4" SS Corsa Exhaust System w/gutted kitty, Amsoil Dual Oil Bypass Filtration, Aux Radiator (Engineer 837) installed, Firestone Air Bags, Allison extra capacity Tranny pan, MagHytec Rear Diff Cover, Synthetic Fluids ...Mike L tranny cooler) 2008 Towing Mirrors with Leveling MOD, PCV reroute, Fumoto Valve, Mad Jacks fuel fiter access door. Running 2% BioDiesel with Optilube XPD,TTS dual lift pumps with Nictane Aux Fuel Filtration. EFI (Tuned ECM from Duramaxtuner) Edge Insight CTS to control the tunes
And the best part of all, no payments and title in hand
1953drtelco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 11:40 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

same here i have 48k

could u link me to the instructions for the ice pick fix ?

thanks man

07 -rhino 660- $$ PIT
97 -banshee 70hp
96 -blaster -wifes-
11 -20' toy hauler
87 -corvette
054x4dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 04:31 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Check this link out....very good write up. I printed out a copy of these and have an Ice Pick just in case, but will keep driving until the problem arises....

Diesel Place
LBZ mouthpiece upgrade, BD Exhaust, MBRP DP, Banks Ram-Air with SuperScoop ,4" SS Corsa Exhaust System w/gutted kitty, Amsoil Dual Oil Bypass Filtration, Aux Radiator (Engineer 837) installed, Firestone Air Bags, Allison extra capacity Tranny pan, MagHytec Rear Diff Cover, Synthetic Fluids ...Mike L tranny cooler) 2008 Towing Mirrors with Leveling MOD, PCV reroute, Fumoto Valve, Mad Jacks fuel fiter access door. Running 2% BioDiesel with Optilube XPD,TTS dual lift pumps with Nictane Aux Fuel Filtration. EFI (Tuned ECM from Duramaxtuner) Edge Insight CTS to control the tunes
Old 03-05-2010, 05:12 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Mine let go at 74k the repair kit from GM is around $250. Now just me talking but if had to do it all over I would have just got the kit and put it my self. But when mine let go I was out in BFE and limped to a GM dealer and they fixed it $500 bucks and three days later.
DIED 01-10-12 at 04:32
Full build in the works.
07 cclb lmm stock for now.
Omeara_86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 09:09 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Good points.....I guess that is enough of a reason to have the harness kit on hand before I start towing by boat to Havasu....Getting stuck in the desert when its 115 is not fun....
Old 03-05-2010, 09:15 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
oh yaaaaaaaaaa

my number 2 injector went out in 30k miles
EFI Live, AFE hot/cold intercooler tubes, SDP EGR delete,5" MBRP straight pipe, 3" Diamondeye Downpipe, Bills custom intake, AFE turbo mouthpiece, Edge CTS Insight, Recon taillights, cab lights, and tailgate light bar, 8000K HID's, PacBrake Air bags, 06 grille, Reflexxion Cowl hood, Pioneer 3100 double din,
Click picture to be redirected to Meyerperformance.com
Price match Guarantee!
kman2468 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

just had the 2 and 7 injector kit installed last week. was covered under the factory 5yr 100,000 mile warranty. i have 37k on the clock.....
Banks monster Exhaust
AFE Intake with pro-guard filter
6" procomp lift on 33" tires
New injector harness.....:rockin
vettesplus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 12:02 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettesplus View Post
just had the 2 and 7 injector kit installed last week. was covered under the factory 5yr 100,000 mile warranty. i have 37k on the clock.....
Original owner only?

05 2500 CC Short Box LLY 4x4 LT 52,xxx miles

Mods: Banks CAI w/Super Scoop, All-on headlight mod, Plugged resonator, 5" SS Magnaflow Cat delete 6" Tip, Diamond Eye Downpipe
On the Way: EGR block, Autometer Sport Comp II Boost and Pyro on A Pillar, AFE Mouthpiece
Wish List: EFI Live, PCV reroute, Transmission, Fuel pressure Lift
Fighterpilot03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 12:30 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Man my '05 has 169,000 on it. Knock-on-wood I haven't had any problems yet. I hope it stays together for at least another 100,000 !!!
2008 CC DRW 3500 4x4, Edge Evo Race w/monitor, 4" DP back into 7" tip, black custom front bumper & grill guard, maxwell flatbed w/under-side boxes, ride-rite airbags w/in cab controls, rock star wheels, 15% tint all around, and a .45 1911 6" from the driver
2005 CCSB Duramax LLY
135 h.p. Bully Dog, K&N CAI
Auto Meter Pro-Comp UltraLite gauges
No muffler, no cat. dual 5" mitre-cut stacks behind cab
Dark Blue, 7 cab lights, tinted windows, stainless nerf bars, stainless rocker panels, stainless bed rails, Chrome vent shades and bug shield, 17x9 Moto Metal 951's with 285/70/17 Mastercraft, B & W hitch,and Rhino liner

www.alligatorperformance.com
jlb444 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2010, 12:36 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettesplus View Post
...........!!!!! THE STEELER SHIP GOT ME I tried fighting them on it but they told me they would only cover if my truck was under 50 k. :booboo O well it's fixed now.
DIED 01-10-12 at 04:32
Full build in the works.
07 cclb lmm stock for now.
Omeara_86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.