Blown Engine! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 05:52 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Unhappy Blown Engine!

I have an 04' Dually /LLY. I was just on a trip cruising at 70mph with the cruise control on towing a 53ft trailer that weighed 12500lbs and started to cilmb a hill. The truck down shifted and started to pull and I heard a pop and looked in my rear view mirror and saw alot of smoke. I pulled to the side of the road and shut it down. I thought I lost an injector. Finally got towed to a dealer in Weatherford,Ok. So much for the 100,000 mile warranty! I am currently fighting with the factory rep for that area. His name is (Matt Booth) Remember his name if you ever have a problem with a G.M.product. It won't be handled properly. We sent pictures into his office and the first thing he claims is: This was caused by a (power adder) and declined to cover it under the 100,000 mile warranty. My injector stuck open and took out the number 1 piston and scoured the wall too. This rep didn't even have the balls to come out and inspect the engine himself. This truck is my work truck and does not have any power adders. G.M.'s own document states: Generally, in inspection of Duramax engine failure due to power-up failures two or more cylinders will be affected. (Not what happended here)

They also state: A failed fuel injector may fracture a piston or melt a piston but the damage will be limited to that cylinder only and all other pistons and cylinder walls are OK. (That is what happened to me!) The reps are trained to say no!

I would like to know how many other G.M. customers have had the same type of customer service I have had. They tout about their customer service when there isn't any!

I will give credit to the dealer who has been fighting along side of me. I couldn't have asked for more help. We both are fustrated with General Motors But I am not giving up the fight. My next move is to file an action with the courts. After that I will go to the T.V.News and the news papers. I hope they step and honor their own 100,000 mile warranty. Lately I hear alot of other people having the same problems. I have always been a loyal G.M.customer. I have an H2,H1 and a Chevy 3500 Dually. This is really starting to make me reconcider my next purchase! ARE YOU LISTENING General Motors ?

You can also follow this on GM-Diesel.com Information, and discussion, related to General Motors line of diesel engines, including the new Duramax, and other diesels in general. and Diesel Place - Duramax Diesel Discussion Forums

Last edited by Speedpro1; 05-16-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Speedpro1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2008, 07:20 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that. I would aleast try to get another opinion, bring it to another dealer before you go the legal route.
D-Maxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 08:14 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Received a Hummer

I agree with D-Maxx. Every dealership is different. The ones around here are a-holes and won't fix anything. But the place where I bought my truck doesn't care if you have a Tuner or not...they will fix anything. So call around to every dealer you can find.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:23 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Save Water, Drink Beer
Supporting Member

Thats to bad. I have had problems with GM in the past(Loyal GM owner & family) My Grandparents and my father worked for GM in the past and I have to agree with D-Maxx, dealers are the biggest problem. I now have a local dealer that is very trul Devoe Buick Pontiac GMC in Bonita Springs, FL. Check with others before the court costs eat you up. Sorry for all the bull s..t. Let us know how it turns out.

Full Bore Exhaust Manifold compliments of BD Diesel.

1987 Corvette

Crazy Larry. Get it Here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?g3mtmmjogkz
Landscapeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2008, 09:47 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

I would agree with you guys if the dealer was the problem. These guys have gone out of their way to help me out. I have watched not only the service director argue with the rep. Even the owner of the dealership brought me in his office and got the rep on the phone too. The dealership put me up in a hotel for a week and gave me a car trying to get this handled while I was in town. I finally had to get home. This one all falls back on their G.M. rep. The problem is they block the customer from getting any further up the corp. ladder. I will see what happens with the Calif. dealer that is trying to help. If all else fails my wife is a litigation attorney and I will let her sink her teeth in. I think most of the manufactures are not use to anyone fighting for their rights. Most customers just give in and just trade it in on another truck. I like my truck and can't justify 60K on a new one. I will let you guys know the outcome. Thanks,
Old 04-30-2008, 10:09 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

So far G.M. is still stalling and playing games!
Old 04-30-2008, 03:33 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

At least you have a good dealer. All of the dealers around here forget you are alive once you have signed the papers and drive off the lot. I have had my problems with ford and chevy dealers. When I was driving a ford it was junk. I got tired of it and went to the dealer. When I got there they had the show room doors open and were switching the cars in the building. I pulled it inside the show room threw the keys on the driver seat locked the doors and closed them. I walked out and told them it was there problem now. They called me a couple of day later and told me the truck was fixed and I could pick it up. I will never go back there and they know it. They don't even like to see me drive by. My wife still deals with them.

Phil

2012 6.7 Powerstroke.
samdweezel05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 06:56 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

So far G.M. is playing hardball. I have one more call to make in the morning. If I don't hear what I want. I am puting an action together ASAP. I will pound them in the courts. I have given them a couple of weeks to step up to the plate. And they haven't done anything. My time is just as valuable as theirs. Now their pissing me off! Mark my words, I will have it all over the news casts and the news papers. Lets see how that does with automotive sales in the toilet right now. G.M. just reported a $3.3 billion net loss in the first quarter. Customer service is part of the reason! Wake Up General Motors! If you don't have any customer service in todays market in any business, you may as well close the doors!

Last edited by Speedpro1; 04-30-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:33 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Damn, that sucks. I am glad to see the Dealer is standing up for you! That dealership deserves some major props! So rarely do you hear of the dealer stepping up for the customer.:rockin

As for GM, its simple. Can they prove the failure was due to an aftermarket product? If there was none installed, according to law there is noway they can deny the claim. I think a letter from your "Attorney" to this gentleman might help things along. Start some research on the warranty laws and the Magnuson Moss act, which probably won't apply to you as you state the truck had no power adder.

Stick it to them, you deserve to be treated better.
Diesel Nut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2008, 08:04 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

This dealer has been great! If any of you live in there area this would be the only dealer I would think of buying a vehicle from : Premier Chevrolet-Cadillac (580)772-3351
4901 East Main
Weatherford, OK. 73096
I live in California myself, but I will give them my business before any other dealer. These guys go the extra mile to make sure you are happy even after the sale. Not like most where it ends with your tail lights leaving the lot.

Last edited by Speedpro1; 04-30-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.