Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1093 code

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jake_33 
#1 ·
This started about a month ago. I was on the truck hard and it went limp. pulled the code and its the 1093. but its not throwing the code to put the check engine light on, but i can pull it with my edge. First thing i did was change the fuel filter. That seemed to make it go away, til last night, got on it, and then bam limps and i check and sure as shit 1093 stored, but again not enough to throw the light.

I read this is low fuel pressure? any ideas what it could be?

05 LLY running the edge CS on the 100 hp setting. is my cp3 worn out and cant keep up with the extra fuel needed on that setting? im kinda doubting its an injector, as it doesnt do it all the time.

#3 ·
You need to shim the fuel rail or replace with a race valve. Lift pump is also needed.

Additionally, are you a member on 454ss.com?

#5 ·
Yes I am a member over there, dont really stop in much as my 454ss is bone stock.

how much does a race valve and lift pump cost?

So there is nothing "wrong" with my truck? just because of the extra hp tune im running out of fuel?

#6 ·
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, just sucking all the fuel out. The race valve is $50. Lift pump just depends on which one you get. I would recommend getting one with a filter/water separator though. That gets you up between $4-500. Running larger tunes without a lift pump will wear out your CP3, and they are not fun to replace.

There's plenty of bone stock SS guys over there, but I see what you're sayin. I stop in occasionally just because I've been a member for over 10 years.

#7 ·
jus make sure when u pull ur old fprv to clean really good in there with a Q tip i had to pull mine out cause it dint seal good enough the first time and its not fun to pull out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.