Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Jerking issue

18K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Brandon12482 
#1 ·
alright, where to begin.... 05 LLY CC 4x4 just rolled 169K. I'm having a jerking/bucking issue while driving. usually happens around 60+ mph. ill let off the throttle a little bit and itll jerk/buck, I can fully let off or get back on it and itll drive normal. also does it going down a bridge/hill trying to maintain speed. I drive 45 miles one way to work and its getting annoying. I change oil/filter, fuel filter (running CAT filter setup, issue has been going on before setup install) trans filter every 10K, using Amsoil premium syn. over the weekend I did the icepick method and installed a new Bosch FPR, checked resistance and cleaned the output shaft sensor. a few months back id be sitting at a light and white smoke would be coming out of the exhaust, no change in the engine when this occurred, it only happened a handful of times. figured it was a sticking injector, ran injector cleaner and that issue hasn't happened again. ive searched forums, Google etc. with no luck.

injector Balance rates idle In drive
1 -0.0 1 0.0
2 0.1 2 0.1
3 -0.1 3 -0.0
4 -0.1 4 -0.1
5 0.0 5 0.0
6 0.1 6 0.0
7 0.0 7 0.0
8 -0.0 8 -0.1

Stored codes: P0401, P0404, P0405, P1404 (all EGR, Deleted)
P0670 (Glow plug module control circuit/open
C0040 ( RF wheel speed sensor circuit malfunction
C0055 (Rear wheel speed circuit malfunction) ????
pending codes: P0670 (Glow plug module control circuit/open)

Im at a loss and hopefully someone can lead me in the right direction. all mods on truck are listed in signature except cat filter

See less See more
#3 ·
I have had a similar issue, but mine is completely random. It always does it on up shifts in lower gears. I just assumed it is a tranny issue, but then I noticed that if I use more of my tunes on my dsp5 it shifts smooth in every tune again, defuels, etc. I don't know if these problems are related but I just thought I would throw it out there, also looks like you have stock program, so idk.

#4 ·
My truck does it with very little throttle too, and it did it before I had Efi live. Is yours only when shifting?

#5 ·
its only doing it when its in overdrive from what I notice. I wish it would just throw a CEL so I know where to look, im assuming its something with the transmission.

#6 ·
Mine does the same thing, and my Powerstroke did it too. Usually it's at very light throttle maintaining speed or slowing down while still giving it a bit of throttle. It only happens in OD locked up, and I believe it is due to the TPS voltage, there seems to be a really fine line between a throttle transition at those lower voltages that causes it to bounce between an accel and steady state. One day I will catch it with the tuner hooked up and figure out exactly what it's doing.

#10 ·
I still don't know if my issue is related, but I cleaned my MAF sensor and added some injector cleaner, truck feels smooth, powerful, just a thought if you don't do it already. It helped me...

#12 ·
update:

so I picked up a edge juice w/ attitude for cheap. im not sure if this was the cause of the issue but I found that my engine temp through the edge was only getting up to 145F and on the dash was reading "normal" so my thought was both thermostats where stuck open, swapped them out sunday with 180-185 temps. and driving to work and back these 2 days on this highway and the truck hasn't jerking.... yet. so maybe this turned out to be a simple fix?

#14 ·
Been having a similar issue with my LLY, only happens during deceleration, at higher speeds going downhill. It almost feels like a slipping chain is catching slack. I have researched the "driveline clunk" issue and I am aware of those symptoms, seeing as how my slip yoke is full of grease on the splines I find it hard to believe that is the cause. Transfer case was just overhauled, however truck had the issue before the T-case was pulled. Drive shaft was balanced and U joints inspected (good) less than 1000 miles ago. Rear end fluid changed recently fluid looked good with minimal fine metal shavings.

The Sound comes appears to come from just under the cab, it is felt and defiantly noticeable. Any input would be helpful at this point, I have no codes. Trans fluid changed less than 15,000 miles ago as well as spin on external filter. And yes I have recently changed my fuel filter...

I have ruled this to be a transmission issue, possibly a converter. Trans is being built soon, not sure but I'm not a trans guy lol.

#15 ·
I'm having a similar issue. Truck wouldn't run, diagnosed as stuck egr. Never threw a code til I cleaned it and got it running right. Came up with p0405. Deleted EGR and did ppei efi live that was supposed to delete egr. Still having pget. After the tune. I'm confused. Did you resolve this? I want to know what You came up with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.