Rear end feels locked up in turns - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 01:11 PM   eBay Motors  #11 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

4wd light not coming on is the switch more than likely.
BTW--Fill out your sig so we know what truck youre driving.

'08 Chevrolet CC/LB LMM Work Truck 4x4
Deleted, DPF-R, Reading Utility Bed, Leveled on 285's, Rhino Lined

www.performancetruckproducts.com
LBZ_Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 11:14 PM   eBay Motors  #12 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Id pull off the rear cover and take a look at whats going on. Also replace the rear end fluid with some new synthetic if you never had. I just changed mine and it actually made a huge difference in mine.
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2010, 03:05 PM   eBay Motors  #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tow Master View Post
Id pull off the rear cover and take a look at whats going on. Also replace the rear end fluid with some new synthetic if you never had. I just changed mine and it actually made a huge difference in mine.
I've been using royal purple diff fluid. Well I'll tear my truck apart soon as I get my z06 back, blew up my clutch in that about a week ago. :booboo
Devil_Z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2010, 07:54 PM   eBay Motors  #14 (permalink)

Now my truck seems to be working just fine? Wtf. Before it was embarrassing to go through a drive through because it sounded like i was trying to do a half-ass burn out. I've driven it atleast 40 miles with it like this and suddenly its normal again. Can someone explain?

Thanks,

Brett
Old 12-02-2010, 07:55 AM   eBay Motors  #15 (permalink)

The locker has a ramp type design to force the clutches tighter when the governor senses one wheel moving faster than the other.....and yours stuck up the ramp.As posted ,backing up sometimes will unstick the gear.Cause may be wear or gummy ,stickey parts.I personally don't like synthetics,because than tend to create this gum over high mileage.An oil change might help,and you can see if there are metal chunks on the magnet. Is so ,you could remove the governor(quarter sized cylinder with a splined pencil running thru it-looks like it should be in a clock) assuming nothing else broken,and all will operate a little longer,just no posi.All these parts are inside the case,not a 10 minute job.
Driveshaft Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2010, 08:27 AM   eBay Motors  #16 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply. I changed every fluid in the truck about 3k miles ago so do you still suggest changing the fluids again?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:31 AM   eBay Motors  #17 (permalink)

It would be wise to pull the cover to inspect for broken parts....and fresh oil never hurts..You might catch a problem before it chips a ring gear tooth.
Driveshaft Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2010, 10:09 AM   eBay Motors  #18 (permalink)

Mine does this all the time. It will lock up for a day or two and then finally unlock. One time it stayed locked up for a month. I'm just waiting for it to go out so I can get a good one and a new set of gears.
SOLD!!!!! $25,000 OBO..... 2005 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LLY, 8in Fabtech lift, 37in Procomp Xterrains on 20in Motto metal 951's, Ranch hand bumpers, MBRP down pipe, MBRP 4in exhaust, Banks Ram air intake, AFE blade runner turbo mouthpiece, Fabtech HD tie rods, PPE pitman/idler braces, Autometer Cobalt Pyro/Boost/Trans/Rail Pressure/Fuel Pressure gauges, PCV Reroute, EGR blocked, 10,000k HID's, Recon smoked LED cab lights, tail lights and 3rd, Fuel rail shimed, ARP head studs.
DmaxMatt05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2010, 10:56 AM   eBay Motors  #19 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

devil z.. i had a hard time bringin mine from 2wd to 4wd turns out the transfer case went out short while after words check for holes in your transfer case its a gm defect the slinger pump wears a hole in the casing draining the oil... dont know if this is what yours is doing,, but it happened to me

02 2500hd 4wd 144k, 5'' single stack, fierce attitude m/t tires, just gettin started need help..
monster450 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.