Bleeding Fuel to the Injectors? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 09:53 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Bleeding Fuel to the Injectors?

I just finished up replacing my head gaskets. I couldn't find any threads that could answer my question. Do I need to bleed my fuel system from the filter to the injectors? How would go about doing so? Thanks for the help in advance.
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax with every bell and whistle GM offered - AFe Cold Air Intake - PPE Hot Standard Tuner Level 4 - EGR Block Off - ARP/PPE Head Studs - New Grade C Head Gaskets - MBRP 4" Downpipe back Exhaust w/5" Tip - 4" Rancho Lift w/ XL9000 Series Adj Shocks - 18" XD Rockstar Machined Black wrapped w/ 35" Toyo Open Country MT - many upgrades to come

Would Like to Thank Merchant Automotive for EXCELLENT Service!!!
rippinmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2010, 11:46 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

read your manual, it says how to reprime the system. Yes, you will have to do it, a few times even to get it primed up.. Open the bleeder screw on top of the filter holder, pump the plunger a bunch, tighten the screw and try to start, do it until it starts.
-Edge Juice with attidue, AFE Turbo inlet, Rerouted PCV, EGR Blocked and Fingersticked from KennedyDiesel, Grade C HeadGaskets, ARP Head Studs, looking for more mod advice, for longevity and better MPG
ZX10Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2010, 12:59 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Banned

If you are referring to bleeding the high pressure fuel system (after the CP3), then NO, you do not have to CRACK injector lines like on older diesel injection systems. You DO have to reprime the fuel system up to the injection pump with primer pump. Then just turn it over untill it fires.
smokinlmm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2010, 10:37 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks for the help!! It just took a cummins and 2 sets of jumper cables through a window of the garage. Now if only i would of payed attention to the return lines better it would be driving. Damn plastic Ts broke at the O ring inside the injector. Talk about a headache now that it's together. And finding them available was even worse. I have over 100 bucks just in 4 Ts but atleast she will be running strong again.
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax with every bell and whistle GM offered - AFe Cold Air Intake - PPE Hot Standard Tuner Level 4 - EGR Block Off - ARP/PPE Head Studs - New Grade C Head Gaskets - MBRP 4" Downpipe back Exhaust w/5" Tip - 4" Rancho Lift w/ XL9000 Series Adj Shocks - 18" XD Rockstar Machined Black wrapped w/ 35" Toyo Open Country MT - many upgrades to come

Would Like to Thank Merchant Automotive for EXCELLENT Service!!!
rippinmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.