Fuel Temp Sensor - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 05:35 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Fuel Temp Sensor

Look at 10,000 rail pressure post to see the problem I was having.

I threw a bad fuel temperature sensor code and it made my truck run like S H I T.

Has anyone had this problem and was the sensor actually bad or did you just reset it and role on?
05 LLY CC SB 4X4, K&N ON LBZ INTAKE, RESONATOR PLUG, LBZ MP, 4" SILVERLINE, PCV RE-ROUTE, PORTED FUEL RAIL FITTING, EGR DELETE TUBE, FPRV SHIMMED, AIR DOG II 165, DEEP PAN/FILTER LOCK, TRANS-GO JR SHIFT KIT, SYN BLEND TRANS FLUID, PPE STANDARD, H2 WHEELS WRAPPED IN 295 GRAPS, HID H/L/F ALL ON, LED PLATE LIGHTS, MANUAL HIGH IDLE, GATORBACK SERP BELT, TORSION KEYS, TIE ROD SLEEVES, ARP HEAD STUDS

Oxcart- 01-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Thread-efi smoke tune help

"You will be back hippy."
Pura.Vida is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 06:39 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

At least I got to test my FPR and CP3. they both tested great...above spec!
05 LLY CC SB 4X4, K&N ON LBZ INTAKE, RESONATOR PLUG, LBZ MP, 4" SILVERLINE, PCV RE-ROUTE, PORTED FUEL RAIL FITTING, EGR DELETE TUBE, FPRV SHIMMED, AIR DOG II 165, DEEP PAN/FILTER LOCK, TRANS-GO JR SHIFT KIT, SYN BLEND TRANS FLUID, PPE STANDARD, H2 WHEELS WRAPPED IN 295 GRAPS, HID H/L/F ALL ON, LED PLATE LIGHTS, MANUAL HIGH IDLE, GATORBACK SERP BELT, TORSION KEYS, TIE ROD SLEEVES, ARP HEAD STUDS

Old 12-30-2010, 07:10 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Anyone?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:12 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Wide open in neutral
Lifetime Supporting Member

how much fuel was in your truck when it did that? what was the outside temp and long long did you run the truck.

"The Blessed Hellride"-08' GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB, 12,000 miles!
Engine-EFI Live, blocked, re routed, air box mod, 3" downpipe, raptor 100 lift pump, amsoil
Trans- Transgo jr. and deep pan
Exhaust- 4" MBRP straight pipe, 5" RBP tip
Suspension- leveled, PAC Brake air bags
Other- Fab fours winch bumper, large fender mod, 17x9 Fuel kranks, 35" Cooper STT's, limo tint, 100 gal. Fuel tank, tool box.
WVRigRat08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2010, 07:15 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

I had just filled it up from an 1/8 tank. I got a bad tank of fuel about 2 months ago, so that could have damaged the sensor...I don't know. I did fill it up all the way to the cap maybe it was kinda vacuum locked and tripped the sensor?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:22 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Wide open in neutral
Lifetime Supporting Member

no ive ran alot of bad fuel, i was just wondering if your tank was too low what little bit of fuel you had was too hot and tripped the sensor. I try not to let mine get below a 1/4 tank, i'd just run it a bit and see how it does, might have just been your problem.

"The Blessed Hellride"-08' GMC Sierra SLT CC/SB, 12,000 miles!
Engine-EFI Live, blocked, re routed, air box mod, 3" downpipe, raptor 100 lift pump, amsoil
Trans- Transgo jr. and deep pan
Exhaust- 4" MBRP straight pipe, 5" RBP tip
Suspension- leveled, PAC Brake air bags
Other- Fab fours winch bumper, large fender mod, 17x9 Fuel kranks, 35" Cooper STT's, limo tint, 100 gal. Fuel tank, tool box.
WVRigRat08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 09:43 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

i threw the same code, are you still having the problem?
RIP - 05 LLY and Allison 5spd
[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBowTies88;6Z28261
efilive is the easy way out...diehard smokers break out the butt connectors and get shit done
Z
jcbDuramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 10:19 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I've had that code to... my truck will also.skip when its cold... and just run like crap sometimes as well... subscribing to see what anybody has to.say?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:25 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evansdmax View Post
I've had that code to... my truck will also.skip when its cold... and just run like crap sometimes as well... subscribing to see what anybody has to.say?
engine temp gauge fluxuates irradically? anything flash on the DIC? change in exhaust tone?
RIP - 05 LLY and Allison 5spd
[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBowTies88;6Z28261
efilive is the easy way out...diehard smokers break out the butt connectors and get shit done
Z
jcbDuramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 11:08 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbDuramax View Post
i threw the same code, are you still having the problem?
I have not had a problem since I reset the code with the Tech II. It was what is called a brand specific code. Can only be read by the Tech II. That is why no tuners pick up a code like this. My buddy had some extra time with a TII one day and they went through his truck and cleared hundreds of hidden codes and footprints.

Personally, I think I either got a bad tank of fuel that set off the sensor, or I heated the fuel on a low tank and legitimately set off the sensor. I think I did get on it pretty hard on my way to get fuel and when I drove off, that is when I noticed it.:rockin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.