Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Puzzled

663 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Hook'em_Horns! 
#1 ·
Have a 2004 1/2 Duramax this baby is teetering on 350,000 miles I know soon as I mentioned the miles everybody thinks it's a highway queen this thing is a Spartan warrior has taken every crappy detail like a pro and it survived Through some codes yesterday 1404 0404 0405 0401 About a week ago this thing started to puke it's guts out through the overflow tube Even after sitting overnight you don't dare pull the recovery tank cap Top hose is hard as a rock even after it cools it stays hard for days Have no fluid or smoke out the tailpipe have no external links on engine This is where it starts to get weird does not overheat with normal driving Has no loss of power you mash on the throttle and that baby put you in to the back of your seat I never know when the puking is going to begin it does it while driving it'll be sitting there a couple of hours and then all of a sudden it pukes all over the tire had the cooling system tested three months ago right after the first incident of puking no gases had it tested a week ago same thing no gas I know it is probably the head gaskets this is an LLY just wondering if anybody else has a possessed vehicle like mine

#2 ·
Saw you responded in my post. I drive mine everyday with the same symptoms. Rock hard upper hose and pressure in the tank for days. However, mine never pukes coolant and shows no other signs. I'm just driving it until it gets worse and then I will dive in. Have you checked your tank cap? They have had a lot of issues over the years and are cheap to replace.

#3 ·
With all of those EGR codes goin' on, the pressure issue may be stemming from the EGR cooler. A $10 block plate, a double barb fitting and some heater hose to bypass the cooler...cheap test to verify.

Exhaust in coolant tests for failed HGs, don't work on a Dmax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.