Fuel Return Rate PID - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Fuel Return Rate PID

Does anyone know the proper PID to calculate return rate on an lly?
Truck won't fire, and want to rule it out. Injector rates were perfect earlier in the week, and truck will not hold rail psi (200 psi when cranking, commanding 5600) Hoping an injector isn't bad and returning too much fuel.

DD: 2012 White LML CCSB "Ghost"
Full Delete, UDP Tuning, Banks Intake, Jamo Full 5" exhaust

2004 Silver GMC LLY CCSB SLT "Flatbed"
S366 with basic Install kit, DSP5 from UDP, Stage 4 PPE trans w/ 3 disc billet converter, 4" downpipe back w/stack,Sinister EGR Delete
Build link: My $2500 LLY Play Truck Build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to jc1843
Are you using Torque Pro-?? I don't think you can check the return rate with a PID- only the balance- and rail pressure. Do you have enough fuel in the tank-?? Have you primed the filter-??

One problem with the LLY is the FICM harness-- At the side of the alternator, the FICM harness tied down with a Zip tie. Cut the tie and pull the wires from the harness and inspect for cuts and wear. The sharp corner of the FICM bracket where it is tied down to, cuts into the wires. Repair and insulate the harness with a short piece of heater hose.

Here is the balance rate- for Torque Pro- Torque Pro Android app reads balance rates

On Torque Pro home screen, go to the little gear in the bottom left, create profile (I called mine 'Duramax'), then go to edit of that profile, scroll to the bottom to where it says "Very advanced". In the very advanced field input "atz" without the quotes. Click save.

Next go to the gear again, settings, manage extra PIDs/Sensors, Top right corner is a menu button (looks like 3 dots vertical), add predefined set, select pontiac / gm / opel / vauxhall. Return to app home screen.

Go to realtime information, if your balance rates aren't already there, press and hold on screen until "item options" appears, add display, digital display, scroll down till you see Balance Rate (Cyl 1) and click on it, select size (I normally use small or medium), repeat that till you have a new display for each cylinder.

Pair up your bluetooth with your app, fire up your truck and wait. It takes a minute for it to sync with the truck and get actual rates. So if at first you see some crazy number as your rates, like -411.00 or something, just wait a minute, it'll fix itself.

Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, but no I'm not using torquepro for this. Sonus scan tool. Primed til blue in the face, plunger gets hard after 2 or 3 pumps. Full tank.

Wanted to check return rates to see if there was a lot of fuel returning and draining the tank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

S366 with basic Install kit, DSP5 from UDP, Stage 4 PPE trans w/ 3 disc billet converter, 4" downpipe back w/stack,Sinister EGR Delete

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to jc1843
As far as I know, the only way to measure the return rate of injectors, is running the return line of each injector in a separate measure "cup".

Moved to LLY for more input

Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Yeah that's what we were afraid of

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode