Signs of bad fuel pump - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 05:12 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Signs of bad fuel pump

I notice that when I have my truck on a tune and hit the gas its not as fast as it use to be. Would this be my fuel pump going bad
2004.5 lly Chevy 2500hd 4x4 ccsb . ten inch procomp lift 40inch toyo m/t's 22inch helos, efi live by rob coddens LOVE THIS TUNE. Jr shift kit, trans cooler, Detroit locker mag hytech diff cover, afe stage 2 intake, 6 inch silver line aussie stack. 150,000 miles
mikefurno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2011, 05:15 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Duramaxs don't have a factory fuel pump
GMax5 + ML Built by me
airdog II,AFE MP+Intercooler tubes http://www.meyerperformance.com/
7" Cognito Lift XD Monsters and 35"s,7" FTE Single stack, Tracton Bars, all the front end goodies, egr blocked, FRSK, 06 grill/ hood/mirrors, sunroof, 50g transfer flow tank and many more
1983 chevy 12valve cummins, nv4500,and some other stuff
Let men marry men and women marry woman...in 3 more generations there will be no more democrats
SzymoDmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 05:17 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Lift pump then.
2004.5 lly Chevy 2500hd 4x4 ccsb . ten inch procomp lift 40inch toyo m/t's 22inch helos, efi live by rob coddens LOVE THIS TUNE. Jr shift kit, trans cooler, Detroit locker mag hytech diff cover, afe stage 2 intake, 6 inch silver line aussie stack. 150,000 miles
Old 03-22-2011, 05:32 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

It may be a weak CP3. Clean your air and fuel filters and see what happens IMO...
2005 Chevrolet 2500 LT Deluxe - 4" MBRP cat-back - aFe MP - EGR blockoff - EFI Live DSP5 by Rick at Extreme Engine Development - 15% over injectors - Built motor by Curtis Halverson at Extreme Engine Development - Amsoil Dual Bypass Filter setup - 8" Fabtech Lift - NADP Heavy Hauler Race Trans & TCase - Rare Parts HD Tie Rods - MOOG Idler/Pitman Arms w/ Cognito Braces - AMP Research Power Steps - 20" RBP 94R's (-25 offset) w/ 355/60R20 Kumho Venture A/T's - 4.56 gears - Debadged - Bushwacker Flares - Smoked Tails - All on mod - LED interior light conversion - Autometer Sport Comp II Pyro/Boost/Fuel Press. - 20% tint all around

WISH LIST: Twins, Dual CP3's, Turbo-back exhaust, Tow Mirrors, ...the list continues to grow!
jscho338 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 05:39 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Just changed my fuel and cleaned my fuel. How can I find out if it is the cp3 or a lift pump
Old 03-22-2011, 05:40 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
And I be smokin
Supporting Member

Buy an airdog2 while your at it your truck will love you.
Jeff | 03 LB7 ECSB in Arrival Blue | 6" Fabtech | Tierods/Braces | Airaid Intake | 4" T.B/muffler delete | Profab Intake horn and D.P | Pump Rub Kit | BD Deep Pan | PPE B.V | EFI tuned by Mr. Coddens | AirdogII | Upgraded Sound | 20x10 MKW M26 | 35x12.50 Toyo M/T's | Bushwacker | 15% | All on Mod | Next up Traction bars and Trans.
trublulb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011, 05:50 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

I'm gonna go with the airdog2 150gph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.