Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Maritimes, Canada
I see -30 here pretty regularly so her's a few suggestions:
1) Run Diesel Kleen winter blend (white bottle) in each tank (carry a bottle of Diesel 911 with you at all times in winter)
2) Get a a grille cover and run it anytime day temps are below freezing
3) Open your WIF valve on your fuel filter and drain out any water before it freezes
4) Check your tire pressure because psi goes down as temps drop
5) Plug in the heater if temps drop into the minus territory outside
6) Give the truck at least 2-3 minutes in the morning to warm up before getting on the gas.
2005 Silverado EC/SB, LLY, 4WD, EFI DSP5 V2 (Idaho Rob at ATP), Edge CTS w/ EGT probe, LML Exhaust Manifold, PPE shimmed FPRV, Banks LBZ air cleaner, Profab intake, LBZ Turbo Mouthpiece, Kennedy twin lift pumps w/ megafilter, Corsa 304 SS Exhaust, Mike L tranny cooler, EXAXT Steering System, Redhead Power Steering Box w/ Amsoil PS fluid, Green Torsion Keys, Allison Deep Pan w/ Suncoast Filterlock and Transynd ATF, Bilstein 5100's (Norcal), Cognito UCA's, 17" NBS alloy rims, 265/70R17 Michelin LTX M/S2's, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, CubbyCam Backup Camera, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, Alphatherm AT-38OD Washer Fluid Heater
Last edited by MTL_Dmax; 10-13-2011 at 09:22 AM.