? about 5 inch exhaust ? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
04.5-05 LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 04.5-05 LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 09:25 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

? about 5 inch exhaust ?

I am thinking about straight piping my truck with that being said I would like to do a 5 inch exhaust and 6 inch tip. So my question is first do I just need a turbo back kit and down pipe? And second question is I see a lot of people running four inch what differences are there or is it simply just size. ???? Also what brand should I go wit flo pro , diamond eye? Do you guys recommend stainless or aluminized ?
2007 Chevy Duramax 2500HD 6.6L ccsb 4x4 LBZ EFI by IdahoRob DSP5, Edge Insight CTS w/ EGT probe, EGR Blocker Plate. PCV Reroute w/Resonator Plug, Dmaxstore 2" keys, Bilistein 5100's all around, 275/70 Toyo MT, XD Hoss Black 18x9, PPE Air Box Mod, 30" Totron light bar, B&W Turnover Ball, Husky floor liners, More to come!!!
Arizona Diesel Club
Countryboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 09:36 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I just put a 5" diamond eye exhaust kit on my 2003 duramax and it sounds awesome it's just turbo back. If you go with a down pipe (which would be very awesome) you will have to remove the transmission as well so it's kind of a pain in the ass. And for type of metal, steel all the way. And for brans, everyone has their preference, but diamond eye has been the best I've read on, and sounds amazing.
Anthony75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:45 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

You don't have to remove the transmission to do the downpipe, I literally just did mine and you don't have to. it can slide up and out with the transmission still in.
gold star of excellence award winner 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duraskank View Post
5" = deeper sound. 4" = more of that pissed off two owls havin angry sex dmax sound at WOT.
a proud owner of a pound seven
usafduramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:48 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Thank you I have been thinking about a downpipe but someone said I had to remove my transmission but I'm glad you said I don't need too. Is it worth is?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:50 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

The downpipe? yeah it's worth it, adds spool up and less egt's. I took my mbrp out of the top no problem and put the new one that came with my turbo in. now the transmission out makes it a lot easier, but it's not as bad as you would think from the top....but yeah they lied to you..just need ratcheting wrenches 12-15mm
gold star of excellence award winner 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duraskank View Post
5" = deeper sound. 4" = more of that pissed off two owls havin angry sex dmax sound at WOT.
a proud owner of a pound seven
usafduramax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 08:23 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

So I can order a 5 inch turbo back kit and that's all I will need?
2007 Chevy Duramax 2500HD 6.6L ccsb 4x4 LBZ EFI by IdahoRob DSP5, Edge Insight CTS w/ EGT probe, EGR Blocker Plate. PCV Reroute w/Resonator Plug, Dmaxstore 2" keys, Bilistein 5100's all around, 275/70 Toyo MT, XD Hoss Black 18x9, PPE Air Box Mod, 30" Totron light bar, B&W Turnover Ball, Husky floor liners, More to come!!!
Arizona Diesel Club
Old 11-22-2012, 09:14 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
b14

and add a downpipe if ud like one..

dpf delete - egr blocked - cheap pcv re-route
efi live tuned dsp5 - by rob!
4" Diamond eye duals
afe intake with pro dry 2
ride rights
edge insight cts w/ egt probe and two backup cameras

Dirty Loud and Proud
b14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 09:48 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Ok so the 5 inch kit will mount right up to the turbo and use factory hanger locations? Then i would also need a tip right
Arizona Diesel Club
Old 11-22-2012, 10:35 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryboy22 View Post
Ok so the 5 inch kit will mount right up to the turbo and use factory hanger locations? Then i would also need a tip right
Yes some pipes come with a welded tip, I would recommend getting a removable tip incase you ever needed to put a 90 degree elbow so it blows your smoke in the air at the track... Then you can adjust how far the tip sticks out and so on... Plus if you ever change exhausts you don't lose the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Cknight199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 10:48 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I have a bullydog turbo back on mine sounds great and has lasted 600,000 miles plus
Rotella T oil. Have replaced entire fuel system, sending unit to injectors, lines included, Waterpump, hydro boost, besides that truck is factory original except ujoints and brake pads 3.73 rear, stock tire size bully dog , 5 inch turbo back, with 6 inch tip.
Titan 55 gallon aftermarket tank 115 gallon auxilary tank
5% tint on all windows, and "eyebrow" on front
86 burgandy Monte Carlo SS

Last edited by 86burgandyss; 11-22-2012 at 04:41 PM.
86burgandyss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.