buzzing sound from motor after key off - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 07:59 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

buzzing sound from motor after key off

ok so a friend of mine has an 06 lbz, built trans, efi live, stock motor

now he just got a 200+ race tune put on it, now after he shuts the truck off or turns the key on and then back off, after about 3 sec there is a buzzing sound for about 30 sec

if you put your hand on top of the intake tubing you can feel it buzzing, to me it sounded more like it was coming from the turbo right under the tubing, but with the engine and turbo being warm i couldnt really put my hand anywhere to feel for it

anyone have any ideas what this could be?

he said it started to happen only after he put the race tune on the truck, never did it before then
time to put more money into this one
squeaky3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 08:04 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

not sure if the lbz has the intake throttle valve like the LMM trucks.. but mine does that at shut down which is the intake throttle valve cycling... does it sound like this in the video?

08 CCSB LMM LTZ- 6" super lift with t bar drop. 35" Nitto grappler all terrains, 20x10 Moto metal 951's.. Edge evo race cts on level 2. 5" MBRP SSTB straight pipe, 6 inch tip, DDM 3000k Fogs, 6000k Lows, all on mod

Latest install: nathan airchime K5LLA, 5 gal tank, 444c
compressor
My youtube channel-http://www.youtube.com/user/tdv1985?feature=mhee

anti-venomLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 08:09 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

similar sounds but its constant for about 30 sec or so after you shut it off, doesnt "cycle" like that does
time to put more money into this one
squeaky3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 08:23 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
^^^ Needs more $ for mods
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-venomLS1 View Post
not sure if the lbz has the intake throttle valve like the LMM trucks.. but mine does that at shut down which is the intake throttle valve cycling... does it sound like this in the video?

LMM Duramax Shut-Down - YouTube
Please explain more about the intake throttle valve. Mine does that and I never really knew why?
20x9 Ultra Predators, 285 55R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, EFILive Autocal DSP5 (ATP) 5" Diamond Eye SS w/muffler, Diamond Eye Downpipe, Transgo jr. Isspro Ev2 gauges, PCV reroute, EGR blocked, Cognitto UCA's, pitman/idler arm supports, Bilstein 5100's, MA Stainless tierod sleeves, Billet grille, Roll N Lock, Line-X, AFE stage 2 intake, Chrome tow hooks, WeatherTech visors, Spyder LED Tail lights, Cree reverse lights, B&W Turnover ball, 1500 tailgate spoiler, Loadlifter 5000 airbags, wirelessOne

2013 Forrest River Wildcat Extralite 293 REX
SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!!! GO SEAHAWKS!!!
AJ 72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ 72 View Post
Please explain more about the intake throttle valve. Mine does that and I never really knew why?
honestly, i cant tell you what it's function is.. i always thought it had something to do with the regen process but idk...

as far as i know it does this at shut down the truck will run a test on it to see that it works... no clue on its actual function tho.. someone please school us? lol

08 CCSB LMM LTZ- 6" super lift with t bar drop. 35" Nitto grappler all terrains, 20x10 Moto metal 951's.. Edge evo race cts on level 2. 5" MBRP SSTB straight pipe, 6 inch tip, DDM 3000k Fogs, 6000k Lows, all on mod

Latest install: nathan airchime K5LLA, 5 gal tank, 444c
compressor
My youtube channel-http://www.youtube.com/user/tdv1985?feature=mhee

anti-venomLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Banned

My throttle valve is gone as well as my EGR and mine still makes the buzzing sound but only after I cycle the key and not start the truck. I too thought it was the throttle valve but now I have no clue..........

The sound I am referring to is not in the video. It is more of a high pitched buzz and it is continues constant for about 4 seconds...........

It has done it for years so I don't worry about it though and have heard other trucks do it as well..................
smokinlmm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 11:57 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

glowplug module?
mrfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 10:04 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
Supporting Member

My truck just started making a loud buzzing sound at shut down? Not the cycling sound in the video above. My truck has always done that. But tonight I went and washed her up and went for a bit of a cruise. When I shut it off it made a loud buzzing noise. About 2-3 seconds long. Reminded me of a school buzzer. Any ideas????
It made the noise after that when I cycled the key without starting it. I let it sit for 10 min. and started it and shut it off. No buzzing. Just the normal cycling sound.
20x9 Ultra Predators, 285 55R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, EFILive Autocal DSP5 (ATP) 5" Diamond Eye SS w/muffler, Diamond Eye Downpipe, Transgo jr. Isspro Ev2 gauges, PCV reroute, EGR blocked, Cognitto UCA's, pitman/idler arm supports, Bilstein 5100's, MA Stainless tierod sleeves, Billet grille, Roll N Lock, Line-X, AFE stage 2 intake, Chrome tow hooks, WeatherTech visors, Spyder LED Tail lights, Cree reverse lights, B&W Turnover ball, 1500 tailgate spoiler, Loadlifter 5000 airbags, wirelessOne

Old 07-01-2012, 09:04 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
Supporting Member

Bump.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:29 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
Supporting Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.