air rushing noise now wont boost - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 11:32 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

air rushing noise now wont boost

im new here to this forum and im very sorry that my first post is in regards to getting info from you guys, but dont know what to do.

pulling away from a stop light today, and a hear a decreasing rushing air noise come from under the hood. ok, blew a rubber cpler of something of the sort right? nothing. i subscribe to the k.i.s.s. theory and realize that this past weekend i installed an egr delete kit, so i go back to thos e components to look for a bonehead over sight. nothing.
the truck feels fine on the low end easy, grandma kinda throttle application, but boost will not climb above 8 psi.
all vitals are as they should be, no loss of fuel econ either. from inside the cab i do detect a slight change audibly in how the trk sounds on the exhaust note side of things. motor is smooth, and sounds as it should. the only other thing i noticed while in the throttle over 50 % it changes the tone of the interior hvac system, the fan noise get more intense, almost like a blend door is opening up a bit and diverting air in another direction???? it was, in my limited understanding that the hvac system wasnt vacuum though.
can anybody please provide any insight on where to look?
thank you for your input and i am excited to become a member of this forum.

2005 dmax 2500 crew short bed
LLY
jmagdaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 11:40 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

I think I did the same to mine about month ago. When I did my profab egr delete I accidentally pulled my intake loose. I guess that's what it's called. It's kinda below your intake horn. It sucked. I had to take my thermostat out to get to it. If I remember right theres no clamp and a couple of o-rings.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
2004.5 LLY CCSB 4x4-Leveled-Toyo MT- 4" Diamond Eye Straight Pipe-Diamond Eye Down Pipe-S&B CAI-AFE Mouth Piece-MBRP Intercooler Pipes-EGR Delete-PCV Reroute-Raptor Lift Pump-Cobalt Gauges-Stealth II-Suncoast Built Trans By Relentless Diesel
Rhalley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 11:42 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Not my air intake**

2004.5 LLY CCSB 4x4-Leveled-Toyo MT- 4" Diamond Eye Straight Pipe-Diamond Eye Down Pipe-S&B CAI-AFE Mouth Piece-MBRP Intercooler Pipes-EGR Delete-PCV Reroute-Raptor Lift Pump-Cobalt Gauges-Stealth II-Suncoast Built Trans By Relentless Diesel
Old 06-29-2012, 06:40 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

checked that scenario last night when i got home. everything appears tight???
any other possibles? i do not want to get raped at a repair shop if i can at all avoid.
thanks for any help
james
Old 06-29-2012, 06:51 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

either you don't have the clamp tight enough or you blew a boot.Concentrate on the clamps or boots you took off and.you will find.your problem pretty quick

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.com App
04 CCSB LB7 IIs483 over IIs366,carillos,cut and coated lb7 slugs,ported heads,RDL downpipe uppipes manifolds ,efi live with dsp5,Big Dipper stage 4,4 inch out the back, ram air keystone hood,US Speedoo fox racing shocks cluster,rolling on hummers,and wraped in silverbirch. And some wicked tunning from Bo-Bo (Bob Olson)
11.64 @117
Originally Posted by hllbllylmsne
Sounds like you screwed up the seat to steering wheel linkage, no real fix for it, sorry
blacksmokelb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 06:54 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

thank you, for the response. i will check again this evening. and post back.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:25 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

No problem if you mix up some dawn dishwashing soap with water and have someone break torque the truck a.little to see if you can get a little psi built up and pour some soap on all the fittings it will start to bubble up a little and you can see whats leaking.Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.com App
04 CCSB LB7 IIs483 over IIs366,carillos,cut and coated lb7 slugs,ported heads,RDL downpipe uppipes manifolds ,efi live with dsp5,Big Dipper stage 4,4 inch out the back, ram air keystone hood,US Speedoo fox racing shocks cluster,rolling on hummers,and wraped in silverbirch. And some wicked tunning from Bo-Bo (Bob Olson)
11.64 @117
Originally Posted by hllbllylmsne
Sounds like you screwed up the seat to steering wheel linkage, no real fix for it, sorry
blacksmokelb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 07:28 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

You can also spray wd-40 around the joints while its idling. If it revs up you found your leak.

If you did my delete tube did you plug the fitting for the boost gauge?

ProFabperformance.com

I'm driving Duramax # 13 for me
RickDLance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 07:36 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

she wont boost over 8 psi, you think that will be enough ? but i guess it should be, cause if what you are saying is true, my understanding is 8 psi is all that the seal can hold before its broken???
Old 06-29-2012, 07:58 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

That's how mine was. And smoked like a train. I'll go out and take a picture of where I'm talking about so you can be sure we're talkin about the same thing. I know my description sucked.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByAutoguide1340981911.639284.jpg (30.3 KB, 52 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.