ppe & egr block ? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 05:16 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

ppe & egr block ?

I talked to my 4x4 guy today about doing the egr block and finger stick and he said no need because anytime I am running a performance setting with my ppe programer(wich is all the time) the egr is shut down.Is that true or false? I thought that I still would have to block the egr for a little faster spool up and no build up in the manifold.What do you guys think I should do?
2006lbz,regency,rcd 6" lift,4"mbrp turbo back exh.egr block,res.plugged,kory's autocal,ppe int.mod.auto meter ga.custom leather int.carbon fiber dash,door panels & steering wheel,aluminum bed cover,billet grill,painted emblem & mirrors,alpine,boston,fosgate system,20X10 jesse james wheels,325/60-20 bfg km2 tires
hirsdalechevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2008, 05:27 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporting Member

imo. from my understanding you still want to block the egr. ppe will block the error codes associated with egr being blocked.
efi-tuned by idahorob, egr blocked, pcv rerouted, lift pump, kodiac mp,autometer sportcomp gauges, turbo dp, 4" ss magna flow exhaust straight piped, firestone ab, kool-vue towing mirrors, 5th wheel hitch with slider, gooseneck hitch.
305 MT ATZ's on eagle alloy 17x10
jbrown1132@yahoo.com
alligatorperformance.com
atptrucks.com
Truck is sold....
jbrown1132 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2008, 08:51 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

All PPE does is block the codes. Either way the plate is only 12 bucks, so what's it hurt to go ahead and block it.

:rockin2010 Camaro SS LS3 426 HP:rockin
BigRedChevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2008, 08:52 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChevy View Post
All PPE does is block the codes. Either way the plate is only 12 bucks, so what's it hurt to go ahead and block it.

Link please
Old 12-30-2008, 09:03 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I know that two of our vendors have them, DSTRBD and JacktheBear3. Also i made a mistake they are 15 bucks instead of 12.

:rockin2010 Camaro SS LS3 426 HP:rockin

Last edited by BigRedChevy; 12-30-2008 at 09:07 PM.
BigRedChevy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2008, 10:11 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

The plate is the performance gain, stopping the recirculation. The PPE Tuning or Finger Stick installation Eliminate the Code from effecting the rest of the system.
JacktheBear3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 06:35 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Fanatic

I keep getting an EGR code on my truck. I think it's for the control solenoid. If there really is a problem with the EGR system somewhere, do I need to fix it before i put the blocker plate on? Also, with my Edge, if I clear the codes on startup to get rid of the code the block plate throws, that will clear all codes for everything right? So I won't know if there is a problem with anything?
back rack
Edge Juice w/attitude
K&N CAI
MBRP 4" turbo back w/5" tip
Moto Metal 16 x 9 (hopefully 285's soon!)

04 GMC Yukon Denali
07 Honda Rancher 400 w/ITP Mudlites!
WorkTruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2008, 08:27 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

chances are you will still throw the code once you drive it for a bit. you are getting the 401 code most likely due to taking the cat off. you would need to do a fingerstick to block the codes permanently.

Ask About our Daily Specials and Discounts for Forum Members
Banks, Edge, PPE, Hypertech, ATS, BD Diesel, Silverline, MBRP, Magnaflow, Mag-Hytec, Air Dog fuel systems, Titan and Transferflow fuel tanks, and many many more.[/CENTER]
Kyle@XDP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 08:39 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

The way that I understand it is basically what these guys are saying, except with an exception. The exception being that the egr is not open all of the time. I talked with a person from EFI here a little while and she explained that all tuners that have the ability to "block" the code also have the ability to turn the egr off, just like EFI. The thing is that with boost pressure the "gate" to the egr can be opened up even though the egr is turned off. This is the sole purpose of the block plate. The plate disallows any exhaust gas from gettting into the recirculator, thus the engine via turbine.

So, in effect, the tuner (which ever one you are using that has this ability) can shut off the egr AND prevents the code.

If this is the wrong understanding, I will stand corrected.
533/933 on stock trans and 40,000 miles on this tune
Best 1/8 8.09@87 (Fall '09) Best 1/4 12.91@103
EFILive
Got Cheese? Work RAT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dan View Post
(it's)still an air / fuel ratio involved.
dordtrecht5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2009, 08:50 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Does Yer Quazilla Have The Feature To Block The Codes? I'm Thinkin Of Gettin One. Then All I Will Have To Do Is Block The Egr Right?
07' CLASSIC LBZ, 3LT, EFI LIVE W/DSP5 BY IDAHOROB , COGNITO LEVELING KIT, SS SLEEVES, SS WESTIN NERF BARS, ZINC 5100 BILSTIEN'S, SPEED LINER, 285-70-17 COOPER STT, PPE AIR BOX MOD, EGR BLOCK, TRANSGO JR AND DEEP PAN TRANSYND CONVERSION, 4" MAGNAFLOW SS DOWN PIPE BACK , EDGE INSIGHT W/EGT PROBE.

I'LL KEEP MY FREEDOM, MY GUNS AND MY MONEY AND YOU CAN KEEP YOUR "CHANGE"!!! :gun

http://alligatorperformance.com/
boccheballs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.