Low coolant level lbZ - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 04:09 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Low coolant level lbZ

I have an 07 lbz and about 2 months ago is when I noticed this problem. I started my truck and it flashed low coolant level. Went and checked my tank, added some, and was fine. Bout 3 weeks ago same problem happened. Went and looked and my cap was all clogged with black stuff. I'm guessing soot. So I went and bought a new cap. Last night same problem. Time to get this fixed. I ran truck for about 3 hours and let it sit overnight. Went and felt the upper hose and I could squeez it almost together. Went and unscrewed cap and released pressure and the hose was super super easy to squeeze. I have an egt blocker plate on my truck. Efi live, intake and exhaust. My truck leaks nothing.

Any ideas?
Dmax95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 04:11 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Did you check the back passenger side of the blocm and see if any was leaking there? Thats where mine was and I didnt have a puddle or anything in the garage. It wasn't leaking out that fast though
Old 09-20-2013, 04:16 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
born country
Supporting Member

sound like HG.

NEW TRUCK- 2006 LBZ cc/sb loaded southern coach, smoky mountain sportsman edition, 20" black hostile havoc's, 305/50/20 nitto trail grapplers, EFI LIVE by rob at ATP performance, 5" exhaust, transgo jr, egr blocked, pcv rerouted, isspro ev2 gauges, tinted windows, just gettin started!
Dmaxryan10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 06:40 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

I had to add coolant 2 months ago and now again after 3 weeks.

I'm baffled.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:44 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

My heater hose was leaking, I had to keep adding it more and more. Try and get a compression test or whatever its called done
Old 09-20-2013, 08:14 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Dmax95,

I sorry you're having issues with your coolant levels. I would like to do research on your concern and offer my assistance. Could you please private message me your name, address, vehicle identification number, and current mileage?

Thank you,

Jessica L.
GM Customer Care
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 08:54 AM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Tripleturbo

Was it leaking on the ground?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:11 AM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DF Sponsors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCustomerService View Post
Dmax95,

I sorry you're having issues with your coolant levels. I would like to do research on your concern and offer my assistance. Could you please private message me your name, address, vehicle identification number, and current mileage?

Thank you,

Jessica L.
GM Customer Care

LOL

I always find this type of post funny. These trucks there out of warranty from mileage and years. Hell I work for Gm had a driver side seat about made me crash the truck from the frame breaking dealer gave two shits about the safety issue there. Needs a set of injectors I think we can put that under the emissions warranty in good faith
11.53 @ 116.92 1.66 60's
RIP LBZ 6/1/08@5:44pm she was strong
She's Alive again
Born on July 27, 2008, 11:59:02 PM

Custom ECM & TCM Tuning for 2001-2010 LB7/LLY/LBZ/LMM trucks
by Tony Martino at Ridge Runner Diesel available here-
EFI Live Products
ripmf666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 09:14 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Pressure test and take a look. There are several places up top that can leak while driving and never leave a puddle while parked. Very likely source is the plastic quick-connects used on the heater hoses at the firewall.
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"

Hook'em_Horns! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 09:23 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

Alright. Ill have to find some place that will pressure test it. I'm sure hoping its not HG's.

Sometimes when I walk about the right side of my truck I smell a coolant smell, but not sure if that's normal or what.

I still don't know why that black crap is in there. I was told a EGR kit would fix that...
Damn smoke tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.