Serpentine Belt Removal - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 09:22 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Serpentine Belt Removal

I have searched about removing the serpentine but have not found what I needed. On my 2006 the tensionor is on the bottom and I can't seem to get a breaker bar or rachet on it because of the fan shroud and the pipe that I think goes to the intake heater. Does anyone have any helpful hints on how to get the bar on it? I don't want to take it to the dealer for this?
Thanks for any input.

R.I.P. 2006 LBZ Chevy Duramax
All stock with the exception of running 285's
palukie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2010, 09:48 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Different then then 05'? I use a 24" 1/2"drive breakerbar with a wooden block and it moves around quite nicely. The tensioner is on the upper left as you look at from the front on mine.
Nitto Terras on 17" Moto Metal 950

DMAXSTORE.COM, Your Duramax Diesel-Only Shopping Resource
Markymark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2010, 07:50 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Yah Mark , mine is on the lower left side ( passengers side ). My friends 01 is like ur on the top. I know they make tools for this but I have never had to rent one - just use ur rachet and ur done. This is just going to be a pain in the a**.

R.I.P. 2006 LBZ Chevy Duramax
All stock with the exception of running 285's
palukie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2010, 12:35 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

i'd like to bump this up im gonna be changing my belt and idler pulley end of the week
'06 GMC EC/SB LBZ: 2" resonator plug, EGR blocker, Autometer Boost & Pyro, MBRP 4" straight piped, AFE 3" IC tube, 4.5" bills custom intake, Trasngo jr, Tie Rod sleeves, EFIlive V2 DSP5, mini lift w/bilsteins, 17x9 pacer lt's w/ 295/70 trail graps, bull bar w/ kc's, billet grille...
'05 GMC CC/LB/DRW LLY:(dads) EGR blocker, Autometer Boost & Pyro, AFE 4" TB w/muff, S&B intake, AFE bladerunner, AFE 3" IC tube, EFIlive V2 DSP5

tuned by Rob Coddens @ www.atptrucks.com
jaylat93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2010, 12:57 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

On the new LML vehicles they made it much harder to change the belt -- in fact, the GM book time is 1 hour to change the belt-- Might be easier on those to remove the shroud.
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2010, 11:28 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Oh...... Squirrel!

Id just use a utility knife.. Comes off very easy

I never looked honestly. Ill have to check on my truck tomorrow.
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, HID Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Tow Master is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.