lbz injector replacement - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Question lbz injector replacement

i am in need of detailed instructions on how to replace my injectors. can anyone help me out
foxxx665 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 07:57 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Well it fairly simple. just remove anything in the way to get to them, pull the clip that holds the return line on, pull the injector holddown, and take off the high pressure line and pull it out. But may i ask why you are replacing them? you almost never need to replace them on an LBZ
Old 09-23-2010, 06:50 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

well i replaced injectors and the collars (that go in the heads) on my buddies power stroke and between looking at his 7.3 and my 6.6 i noticed that our setup was sort of similar and to help him do his repair was a 3 day pain in the a**. i was looking for documentation on the procedure cause the haynes manual doesn't really show much on how to replace injectors or the collars in the event that they go bad
foxxx665 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2010, 02:08 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

are you upgrading or do you have issues

SOLD EM! 06 LBZ EFI LIVE TUNED BY IDAHO ROB 513HP | 03 CUMMINS TWIN TURBO SMARTY TUNED 650HP | 03 6.0 POWERSTROKE ELITE BLOCK TUNED BY ELITE 525HP
dukcaln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2010, 07:41 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

LBZs have no collars or sleeves. That is all machined into the head. The injectors are on the outside of the valve covers so no taking a lot of stuff apart. Pretty simple actually
Old 09-23-2010, 07:50 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Vanned this place

Good to know.

How fast could one go from good to needing replacement?

If a guy were checking balance rates every so often. Would there be a sign it was going bad, or just a surprise?
TheStepChild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2010, 08:18 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

I have never seen any go bad. The only time i have seen is cause of bad fuel or getting something in the system. They dont seem to wear out
Old 09-23-2010, 09:33 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

good to know they are easy to change... my cummins was not that bad, but a job and my ford, well that was a nightmare... I had no idea when i bought my lbz they would be easy....also nice to know that they seem to last.... 109k on my d-maxer and still going strong

SOLD EM! 06 LBZ EFI LIVE TUNED BY IDAHO ROB 513HP | 03 CUMMINS TWIN TURBO SMARTY TUNED 650HP | 03 6.0 POWERSTROKE ELITE BLOCK TUNED BY ELITE 525HP
dukcaln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.