15 amp fuse in a 10 amp slot - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 08:47 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

15 amp fuse in a 10 amp slot

If I put a fifteen amp fuse in a 10 amp slot what will happen? My cab clearance lights fuse blew and it was a 10 amp fuse. I didn't have any so I put a 15 amp fuse in. I'm not an electrical master but what's the worst that could happen?

06 crew cab dually Budnik 19.5's with Hercs, Fox and icon Shocks, DMAX ecm, built tranny by Mike at Inglewood, AD165, 4" MBRP turbo downpipe 2 a 5" straight pipe , RAM AIR 2 a AFE stage 2 intake, AFE intercooler pipe, FS 2000 trany and engine filters, Mag-hytec tranny and diff, front and rear bumpers w/spray on liner, Recon cab lights, recon marker lights, HID's hi and low,4 kids, 3 tvs, 2 amps and a 6" exhaust pipe(ID).
deeahgee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2010, 09:00 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

the worst... melt down the wires.... BUT im goignto say your pretty safe wit hit. It isn't that big of a difference in the two.
5in custom build exhaust into 6in stack axle dump. Built front bumper with 2 light bars. Hids, ppe hot level 3, fass, biv, intake, 2-8" sub, infinitys, alpine deck, PAC exhaust break, air horns, brand new front end, leds in everything,
Sheet Metal workers local #55
JoshG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2010, 09:43 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

been there done that.....no issues

SOLD EM! 06 LBZ EFI LIVE TUNED BY IDAHO ROB 513HP | 03 CUMMINS TWIN TURBO SMARTY TUNED 650HP | 03 6.0 POWERSTROKE ELITE BLOCK TUNED BY ELITE 525HP
dukcaln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2010, 11:40 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

ummm fire.... thats what the fuses are for. if you have current overflow there is no built in protection. remove it ASAP.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:55 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I wouldn't do it! I have done it in emergencies but replaced it with the right amp when I got home.
twinturbo3150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2010, 12:13 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Evergreen Oil Burners

i did it for my dash lights just to make it home one time, but put the correct fuse in the next morning

btw andy, i think this is the first post ive ever seen you have that was not sarcastic or funny at all....you really are gettin to be an old man with a truck!

built trans and lift pump coming soon!

special thanks to
ADP, ATP, HDP, UDP, BDDP, MJS
SteepyBS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.