2006 GMC MAF sensor code - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 05:32 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

2006 GMC MAF sensor code

My truck is throwing a MAF sensor code for the last few days. I went by a friends and he got the codes cleared out. We found three codes in there, one was for the MAF sensor. The other two I don't remember now. The light stayed off for the morning then came back on and now it's running crappy.

The temperature is erractic 160 on minute 210 the next. No power, and burning fuel like crazy. I did clean the air filter, K&N with cleaning kit. It made no difference. I was easy on the oil, but it was acting up before cleaning the filter.

Could it be just a dirty MAF sensor? I am gonna try to clean that, and run it by his shop to see the codes again.

I also changed the fuel filter, tonight. It needed changing anyway.
springmeadows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 05:38 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Deffinetly clean your MAF sensor it probably covered in oil and it will get re-covered if you dont let you filter dry before installing it. The best thing to do if you want to get it figured out would be to take the k/n off. Then install the stock one and let your k/n dry. After you do that run it and write down the codes if it throughs any.
2008 LMM EFI Live by Nick, Transgo jr., Diamond Eye Quiet Exhaust with Quiet Tone Front Pipe, Big Blue Converter, Blocked EGR, Fass 150 lift, ITBC bypass, Heated Windshield Fluid CCLB Dually LTZ, Sulastics, Bilstein rear shocks, Debo step
136,000 miles
2004 LLY RCLB 4x4 80,000 miles bone stock oil every 3k SOLD
2011 Chevy RCLB 4x4 LML 3500HD
http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/new-here-please-read/
rascal810 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 05:48 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

I don't have the stock filter, so I will have to buy one. I have had the truck three years with no trouble before. But the last couple of weeks it's given me a fit. Last week I had to do the transmission cooler lines, that was a really crappy job. Gonna clean the MAF sensor tomorrow and whatever else I can.
springmeadows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.