P2563 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 07:01 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

P2563

Hi was just on a normal freeway drive and ended up with the p2563 code. I know its the turbo boost control position sensor so I'm looking for a part number in order to try and order one as I just got off the phone with the stealership and even though I purchased the truck a week and a half ago they claim this isn't drivetrain related. It's an 06' LBZ and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
TonkaLBZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2008, 07:33 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

how many miles are on it? i would just go to the parts department and tell them what you need, write the part number down and call a few different dealers and see who's cheaper. by the way you'll love the lbz and welcome

Sold 06 LBZ 3500 4x4 single rear wheel regular cab long bed WT, 4" turbo back straight pipe, solid gooseneck, drw wrecker prep springs, blocked, fingured, 2"plugged, and plenty of UWS boxes
John-Boy 331 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2008, 07:36 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the welcome. I hope I made the right choice on this one... The truck has 41k miles on it. I'm not sure how excited I should get but I pulled the sensor and there was some oil on the end of it which doesn't seem like a good thing to me. The truck didn't smoke at all so I'd hate to think that the turbo seals just blew. I bought the truck from a reputable dealer and it seems like I might have gotten screwed here. Any other things I should check?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:27 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Don't replace the sensor yet!!!! Might be due to that small amout of oil. Clean off and see if it will relearn position. Sensor should be under engine, and or emissions warranty.
jaydawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2008, 09:44 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Yeah I agree, check with another dealer on the warranty issue. Those bastards will get out of anything if you let em.
ALLISON 6 SPEED W/ TRANSGO JR. SHIFT KIT
6.6 LLY,2" RESONATOR PLUG (THNX PSYCO66!),EGR BLOCK,KITTY KAT R.I.P. 8/18/08
PPE STANDARD (THNX TYLER)
B&W TURNOVER BALL
C.H.A.O.S. = Chief has arrived on scene
SEPTEMBER 11,2001 "NEVER FORGET" 343 FALLEN BROTHERS:usa
Fireman6458 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2008, 07:28 AM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

That should be covered in the engine warranty. 5 yrs. or 100,000. Take it to another dealer!
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2008, 05:26 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

The turbocharger boost control solenoid and the turbocharger vane position sensor are both covered under the 5 year 50,000 mile emission warranty. If the whole turbo is bad, it is possible, then that is covered under the engine and emission warranty.

The dealer should fix it under warranty
duramaxdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2008, 07:35 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the help I'll give another dealer a try and see what they have to say. I didn't buy the extended warranty through the dealer, but thought that the drivetrain warranty from the dealer for the first 3k miles or whatever would cover this. Aw well I'll try to get it figured out.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:07 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

How bizaare I popped the same code pulling Blewitt Pass last Saturday. I cleared it and had no performance issues and truck is running great.
jcline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2008, 09:34 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

All right well the dealer isn't being a lot of help so I need to talk to someone else tomorrow but I cleaned the sensor and put it back in. I took it around the block and notice that at idle now it sounds like the turbo will start and stop spooling. Almost sounds like the exhaust is gasping for air is the best way I can explain it... sounds normal then quits, and back again. I don't have my own reader to clear the code or recheck for another which may be part of it but I don't think so. Any indication of what this may mean? It definately seems like the turbo is building boost, and it's still not smoking so I don't think the turbo is bad but I don't know. Any more ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.