Truck throwing P0405 & P0540 codes... - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 04:40 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Truck throwing P0405 & P0540 codes...

I just completed an EGR & Intake Air Heater Delete and now my truck is throwing these two codes that have to do with the sensors for both systems. I am wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram or schematic of the engine wiring harness and sensors. Or, has anyone figured out what connections to short/jumper in order to trick the ECU into thinking the EGR and Heater are still installed...?

Or, where can I purchase a complete Duramax Maintenance/Repair Manual with wiring information...

I am an Electronics Repair/Calibration Technician in the Navy so I have the capability to fabricate any thing I need to fix electrical/electronic problems, just need the tools (schematic)...

Thanks in advance for any advice...
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab, 6.6L LBZ, Amsoil Dual Bypass Oil Filter, Banks Ram Air Box, EGR Delete and Intake Heater Delete and finger stick by All Season Diesel Performance, Hypertech Max Energy power programmer... so far... Next up is a 4" down pipe back Hushpower exhaust system with a 5" tip... Then maybe a Snow Performance Water/Meth injection setup...

C:\Users\Purdy\Desktop\new truck\My truck.jpg
purdyato is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2011, 07:13 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Many of the vendors here can provide you a "Finger Stick"-- That is a Chip that fools the system in thinking the EGR is still working. It is wired into the MAF sensor sircuit. I don't know about the heater, but many have deleted it. You might contact Merchant or Fleece --for mor assistance. (vendors here!)

I am moving this to the LBZ section, as it does not fit the criteria of 911. Jerry
Chevy 04.5 LLY, 2X, shell, XDR, MikeL Heavy duty up-grade, 6spd, TransGo, deep pan, de-badged, 65 Gallon replacement Aero tank, LBZ-mp, Kennedy pump, shimmed, Pre-fuel filter, tow mirrors, BU cam, gauges, GPS, Sirius, bags, custom grille, fender vents, HD trans cooler- Curt front hitch, footwell lights, load lights, Studs, head gaskets.--- Jerry
jc1843 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 07:42 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Yea, I have the finger stick installed which actually only prevents the mass airflow sensor code but I just got in touch with the guys that made the kit I used, All Season Diesel Performance, which is an only Duramax Diesel performance parts house in the 'Thumb' area of Michigan and got a few ideas from them... If anyone is interested thay have some good stuff...

All Season Diesel Performance, Your Duramax diesel performance headquarters by Tony Burkhard owner of the Dirty Hooker

so thanks, and we'll see what works...
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab, 6.6L LBZ, Amsoil Dual Bypass Oil Filter, Banks Ram Air Box, EGR Delete and Intake Heater Delete and finger stick by All Season Diesel Performance, Hypertech Max Energy power programmer... so far... Next up is a 4" down pipe back Hushpower exhaust system with a 5" tip... Then maybe a Snow Performance Water/Meth injection setup...

C:\Users\Purdy\Desktop\new truck\My truck.jpg
purdyato is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 07:51 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Banned

Need efi to turn them off.
Hondarider552 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.