EGR Delete opinions? - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 06-07.5 LBZ/LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 10:05 AM   eBay Motors  #31 (permalink)
DIESEL ADDICT
Lifetime Supporting Member

StealthBoogie that was a awesome DIY. my only question is do you think i could do the wheel without taking the turbo out? If I had the egr out and y bridge out is it possible to seperate the turbo? I really dont wanna pull the turbo out and i wish it was as easy as my buddies 6.7 cummy we did but its not lol
Built trans..EFI by Tony..Air DogII 165..5" Straight Piped MBRP exhaust w/ 7" tip..MBRP down pipe..AFE intake..AFE bladerunner..AFE intercooler pipe.. EGR Blocker Plate.. Caltracs..Tie Rod Sleeves..Autometer Cobalt Gauges..Halos..LED Tailights..Debadged..Rerouted..Leveled..18" Metal Mulisha wheels on 33" Pro Comp Xtremes..Roll pan..
06BLACKSTALLION is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 AM   eBay Motors  #32 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

When you take the Y bridge out it may be possible to get the 6 bellhousing bolts on the front of the turbo but I still say no and would not recommened it. I dont know of anyone who has done a batmo on an LBZ/LMM without taking the turbo off. Reason being is some say the vanes can come loose and and fallout(I dont know much about turbo vanes) and most importantly you will have no way to hold the exhaust turbine to torque the oem comrpessor off and BMW on. You cannot use an impact gun on the turbo
08' LMM CC SB SLE Z-71 4x4| Tekonsha P3| B&W Turnover| Tow Mirrors| POR 15| EDGE Insight CTS| AMSOIL| Diamond EYE 3" DP/ 4" DE QT Exhaust w/ muffler| PCV Reroute| Batmowheel| EGR Delete| LB7 Uppipe| EFI Live| LED Reverse/Cargo light| RetroSolutions 5k HID's| FX-R 3.0 Retrofit| Billet Valve Plugs| PCV & Resonator Plugs| Bills Custom Intake

Future Mods: 52 gal Titan Tank| FASS 150|Reverse camera| Audio Overhaul|Sound dampening kit| Weather Tech| Denali Grill| LML Denali bumper| LML Manifold| LML Step rails| Hood Vent| EGT Probe| Corsa Muffler| Tie Rods/ Sleeves.....
StealthBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM   eBay Motors  #33 (permalink)
DIESEL ADDICT

Ya the last thing I need is to mess up the vanes so I will have to bite the bullet and take the turbo out. how long did it take you to take yours out?
Built trans..EFI by Tony..Air DogII 165..5" Straight Piped MBRP exhaust w/ 7" tip..MBRP down pipe..AFE intake..AFE bladerunner..AFE intercooler pipe.. EGR Blocker Plate.. Caltracs..Tie Rod Sleeves..Autometer Cobalt Gauges..Halos..LED Tailights..Debadged..Rerouted..Leveled..18" Metal Mulisha wheels on 33" Pro Comp Xtremes..Roll pan..
Old 12-06-2012, 03:21 PM   eBay Motors  #34 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

It took me quite a while cause it was my first time doing anything in depth to any truck like that. If you read through my build thread i ran into a few issues and had to learn(harrass DF members) and figure out ways to ge the bolts off. Thats why I made the DIY to help out everyone else and show them how I did it. Just make sure you have all the tools/or similar ready before you start. If you follow my DIY's you can expect 3-6hrs with everthing going smoothly, not sure what kind of a wrencher you are. If i had to take it out and do it again I can get it out in about 1-1.5 hrs
08' LMM CC SB SLE Z-71 4x4| Tekonsha P3| B&W Turnover| Tow Mirrors| POR 15| EDGE Insight CTS| AMSOIL| Diamond EYE 3" DP/ 4" DE QT Exhaust w/ muffler| PCV Reroute| Batmowheel| EGR Delete| LB7 Uppipe| EFI Live| LED Reverse/Cargo light| RetroSolutions 5k HID's| FX-R 3.0 Retrofit| Billet Valve Plugs| PCV & Resonator Plugs| Bills Custom Intake

Future Mods: 52 gal Titan Tank| FASS 150|Reverse camera| Audio Overhaul|Sound dampening kit| Weather Tech| Denali Grill| LML Denali bumper| LML Manifold| LML Step rails| Hood Vent| EGT Probe| Corsa Muffler| Tie Rods/ Sleeves.....
StealthBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 04:48 PM   eBay Motors  #35 (permalink)
DIESEL ADDICT

I do all my work myself so I consider myself a ok wrencher but this will be my first turbo out project so I am expecting the worst lol
Old 12-06-2012, 05:04 PM   eBay Motors  #36 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Did you already buy the BMW?

You'd get a bigger improvement in performance by spending the money on a water injection system.

--CC, SB 4X4 Duramax Diesel/ 6 spd Allison Auto (PTO high idle mod)
--EFILive by KB3MMX Tuning W/ SDP Towing Twins (Billet S475 over Stock)
--SILVERLINE 4" Stainless Exhaust
--AMSOIL Synthetics and filtration bumper to bumper, including Bypass
--DDM tuning HID's in Low and High Beams, 6000K Lows/4250K Highs
--PPE rear Diff cover, PPE Deep Trans Pan, PPE High Flow Manifolds and Up Pipes
--Danville 3" Y Bridge and big air intake kit / EGR delete
--Airdog II DF200 w/ CAT UHE filter upgrade...etc,etc...
KB3MMX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 PM   eBay Motors  #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB3MMX View Post

You'd get a bigger improvement in performance by spending the money on a water injection system.

if you want to get almost zero gains and rebuild your motor add w/m. its your choice
Dyno - 582hp 1209tq - SJD, 561hp 1247tq floor-it-diesel (stock turbo & inj.)
Track - 12.82 @ 105.5 mph @7300lbs 1.82 60 ft

07 lbz rclb

Kory tuned, RDL egr delete, banks IC, insight,
bd lift pump w/remote WS, nicktane, ranch hand front
plowboy_lbz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 03:48 AM   eBay Motors  #38 (permalink)
DIESEL ADDICT

so water meth injection is not worth it?? I was plannin on doin it but two people are saying opposites lol
Old 12-07-2012, 05:56 AM   eBay Motors  #39 (permalink)
ATPTRUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLACKSTALLION View Post
so water meth injection is not worth it?? I was plannin on doin it but two people are saying opposites lol
I wouldn't do it

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Special thanks to: Mike L, Gtrippin, IdahoRob, Dmaxstore, HSP, ISSPRO, Yukon, Airdog

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Adrenaline Truck Performance IDAHO ROB 208.685.1000
sickdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 AM   eBay Motors  #40 (permalink)

your gonna have to pull turbo off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.