EGR Delete opinions? - Page 7 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 06-07.5 LBZ/LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 10:33 AM   eBay Motors  #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duramaxchris06 View Post
Is upgrading the y-bridge a necessity? Or is the stock one fine with an egr delete?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
In most cases stock is fine. If you're going to pull the turbo out I would go ahead and do the bridge though to make sure you never have issues with it coming apart.
DaveB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 11:54 AM   eBay Motors  #62 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddski88 View Post
GMT-900 hoods are taller, his is a GMT-800. (i should clarify the OP has a chevy, so ot should fit regardless, but gmt 800 gmc hoods will not clear sdp egr delete pipes, unless they have changed in 6 months) Did you batmowheel give you more HP and tq in your ideal range of use? Better track times?
Yes it does add HP but not much. It spools hell of alot faster then stock and lowers egt's. I dont take my truck to the track so i cant give you track times. Mackyoudip did see an improvment in track times but he also did other mods the same time he installed it as did I. Plus it sounds sick
08' LMM CC SB SLE Z-71 4x4| Tekonsha P3| B&W Turnover| Tow Mirrors| POR 15| EDGE Insight CTS| AMSOIL| Diamond EYE 3" DP/ 4" DE QT Exhaust w/ muffler| PCV Reroute| Batmowheel| EGR Delete| LB7 Uppipe| EFI Live| LED Reverse/Cargo light| RetroSolutions 5k HID's| FX-R 3.0 Retrofit| Billet Valve Plugs| PCV & Resonator Plugs| Bills Custom Intake

Future Mods: 52 gal Titan Tank| FASS 150|Reverse camera| Audio Overhaul|Sound dampening kit| Weather Tech| Denali Grill| LML Denali bumper| LML Manifold| LML Step rails| Hood Vent| EGT Probe| Corsa Muffler| Tie Rods/ Sleeves.....
StealthBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 12:54 PM   eBay Motors  #63 (permalink)
DIESEL ADDICT
Lifetime Supporting Member

Well i plan on doin a turbo and injectors after my tranny so I am not goin to bother with the batmowheel. If i take out my turbo I want to be puttin a new one in. And hearing you guys talk upgrading the y bridge should be done if turbo is in future?
Built trans..EFI by Tony..Air DogII 165..5" Straight Piped MBRP exhaust w/ 7" tip..MBRP down pipe..AFE intake..AFE bladerunner..AFE intercooler pipe.. EGR Blocker Plate.. Caltracs..Tie Rod Sleeves..Autometer Cobalt Gauges..Halos..LED Tailights..Debadged..Rerouted..Leveled..18" Metal Mulisha wheels on 33" Pro Comp Xtremes..Roll pan..
06BLACKSTALLION is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 09:23 AM   eBay Motors  #64 (permalink)

The reason most say to do the y-bridge with turbo change is because it will make it much easier to get to with the turbo out of the way.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:05 PM   eBay Motors  #65 (permalink)
DIESEL ADDICT

Oh I see. Well I dont think it will hurt to do a y bridge now and it will be done when i get the turbo in a couple months.
Built trans..EFI by Tony..Air DogII 165..5" Straight Piped MBRP exhaust w/ 7" tip..MBRP down pipe..AFE intake..AFE bladerunner..AFE intercooler pipe.. EGR Blocker Plate.. Caltracs..Tie Rod Sleeves..Autometer Cobalt Gauges..Halos..LED Tailights..Debadged..Rerouted..Leveled..18" Metal Mulisha wheels on 33" Pro Comp Xtremes..Roll pan..
Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 AM   eBay Motors  #66 (permalink)

It really all depends what turbo you want, how much you have to spend, and your overall goals for the truck guys....you are all making such generalized statements about these mods, it's like all i see in these threads anymore is regurgitation from salespeople's mouths. I don't push parts, i install them, test them, and break them.
Built in-house at: Freedom Diesel
juddski88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM   eBay Motors  #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddski88 View Post
It really all depends what turbo you want, how much you have to spend, and your overall goals for the truck guys....you are all making such generalized statements about these mods, it's like all i see in these threads anymore is regurgitation from salespeople's mouths. I don't push parts, i install them, test them, and break them.
I agree! I'm saying to consider the y-bridge because I have the SDP delete and still blew my bridge apart. Now I'll be getting a full 3" setup and won't have to worry about it again. It does depend on how far and what you are going to do with the truck. Had I of known, I would have spent the extra few hundred and got the hi-flow bridge in the first place.
07 CCSB 4X4 LBZ: Danville Billet 4094 & 45% Nozzles, DSP5 by Mark at Danville, BT Lockup Box, Romeo Fab Up-Pipes, Downpipe, & 3" Y-Bridge, Banks Hotside/PPE Boot, BD Manifold, Rail Shimmed, PCV Reroute, MBRP 4", S&B Intake, Airdog 2 165, Autometer Factory Match Boost/Pyro, Suncoast GMax 6-3/Precision ML built by Riley Gullett, MA Pump Rub & TC Brace & Big Hog Customs Trans Cooler Lines.
Cognito UCA's, Rancho 9000XL's, Rare Parts HD Tie Rods, All Season Centerlink Bracket, HD Idler Support/Gusset, Russell Stainless Brake Lines, Brake Performance Dimpled/Slotted Rotors, Custom Traction Bars, Line X Xtra, 6K HID Lows and Fogs, Smoked Headlights & Taillights.
BMF 20x9 Death Metal Rehabs with 305-50 Nitto 420S
Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 PM   eBay Motors  #68 (permalink)
DIESEL ADDICT

Like I said gettin a bigger turbo most likely 68mm and injectors so might as well do y bridge when egr stuff is out.I posted this to get opinions and I got alot of good ones so thanks guys
Old 12-11-2012, 05:20 PM   eBay Motors  #69 (permalink)

I would wait to do it when you pull the turbo if you are bent on it. Doing it with the turbo in place takes twice as long.
Built in-house at: Freedom Diesel
juddski88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 09:26 AM   eBay Motors  #70 (permalink)
DIESEL ADDICT

Oh ok that makes sense I dont wanna struggle. Tim do you do any EFI live tuning?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.