Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Cognito upper control arms ??

27K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  STEENOS428 
#1 ·
Do you guys think its worth the extra $200 or so to get the uni-ball ones instead of the ball joint I need to get these really badly and am broke as hell and wanna save money.another question, if I buy the ball joint ones and wanna go to a uni- ball later is that possible or are the arms designed specifically for one or the other.
Thanks, justin

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
One thing I read about the cognito arms is if you are running stock height you can actually have bad upper ball joint angles. They were designed for trucks with leveling kits or to get more lift on top of a lift kit.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AutoGuide App

#5 ·
My truck is leveled so it should be perfect !Sweet looks like I'm doing the ball joints!!! I can't wait to get em my truck rides like poop

#6 ·
Dose any one know if you can call an order them with out the shock brackets because the ball joint ones are only available with the shock brackets on their website and every where Elise I have looked ?

#7 ·
They only make them with the tabs for dual shocks. You could always just cut them off if they bother you that much

#8 ·
#10 ·
I don't understand why the don't make the ball joint arms with out the tabs either. I don't and will never run a shock hoop so i dont want or need them. Also you would need a very small shock and it would look like crap on a level truck. Looks like I have no other choice but to get the uniballs.

#9 ·
Well got them from the Dmax store I would highly recommend them fast shipping and processing and good prices! I got them less than 24 hours after i ordered them I put them all together tonight getting the bushings on was a pita but if you have a working vice it will easy cant wait to put em on ! And I decided not to cut off the shock brackets because there welded into the seams plus I don't wanna mess up the nice powder coating Metal

#13 ·
Well got mine on today all went well very good fitment and the truck felt better on the drive to the alignment I can't wait to drive it once its aligned !! Auto part Machine tool Machine Engine Automotive engine part

Auto part Vehicle Engine Vehicle brake Brake

#14 ·
Just drove it to dinner it drives great feels so much more solid and it tracks much better its not all over the road, the front end feels stiffer and much more sturdy totally worth the money !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.