Diamond Eye Downpipe Problem - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 06-07.5 LBZ/LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

Diamond Eye Downpipe Problem

Noticed today that my downpipe is cracked where the mouting bracket bolts to the passenger side exhaust manifold. Anyone else experienced this and if so would you go with another DE or a different one?
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 12:48 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

Nope. I'd just weld the bracket and call it good.

2011 Camaro 1SS/RS 6.2L 6 Speed Manual

SoCal Diesel Trucks
sgtkilroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 01:15 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

Should of been more clear. When I say cracked it is completely pushed into the dp. My personal opinion something that's only a year or more old and cost 200 bucks shouldn't do that.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:18 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

Agreed. It shouldn't, but if it can be fixed pretty easily and very cheaply, why spend another $200? Unless it's a SERIOUS dent, it shouldn't really affect performance at all.

2011 Camaro 1SS/RS 6.2L 6 Speed Manual

SoCal Diesel Trucks
sgtkilroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 02:00 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

i had the same thing happen to mine there is no way for it to flex (only stong as the weakest link) something had to give i just removed the pipe and welded to hole shut removing to bracket it has been like that for a year now no problems
ATP autocal EFI live/ Edge cts/ SDP EGR delete/ pcv reroute/ Trans go jr/ allison deep pan/ MBRP down pipe /5" MBRP turbo back exhaust /AirDog 2 165 /AirAid intake / all soft trans coolent lines/ on 35's....
(have but not installed) PPE Race valve

03 GMC 2500HD LB7
Edge Juice/Attitude /AirAid intake /Straight pipe /6" procomp lift /35" BFG M/T
2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 04:25 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

Has this been a common issue with the DE DP?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-21-2012, 05:02 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

mine cracked at the sama place. i called them it was less than a year old they sent me a new one free of charge. the new ones don't have that gracket.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:11 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Just wanted to give you guys an update. Called Diamond Eye last Friday and left a message with customer service. They called me back today and stated they had a known problem. Pretty much a design flaw on GM's part. According to the tech I talked with the stock down pipes will do it eventually also. The tab as said in one of the previous posts does not enable the pipe to flex independently from the engine. DE has corrected the problem by removing that tab and will send you a new one if you call with the problem. No matter if you are out of warranty or not. Great customer service. It's nice to have a company that will stand behind their products.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-09-2013, 10:14 AM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

Would you mind posting a pic of the new pipe and maybe the old one go make sure when I get mine it is the newest version.
2007.5 Chevy 2500HD -- EFI Live by Kory Willis/DSP5 -- 4" MBRP turbo back w/ Muffler -- Diamond Eye Downpipe -- EGR Blocker Plate -- Nictane W/ Cat filter -- Edge Insight W/ EGT -- Firestone Riderite Bags -- 265/75/16 Duratrac W/ leveling kit -- Rancho RS9000xl's
stang233 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 10:43 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

the new 1 is just not going to have the tab on the lower part of the pipe
ATP autocal EFI live/ Edge cts/ SDP EGR delete/ pcv reroute/ Trans go jr/ allison deep pan/ MBRP down pipe /5" MBRP turbo back exhaust /AirDog 2 165 /AirAid intake / all soft trans coolent lines/ on 35's....
(have but not installed) PPE Race valve

03 GMC 2500HD LB7
Edge Juice/Attitude /AirAid intake /Straight pipe /6" procomp lift /35" BFG M/T
2dmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.