'07 LBZ Best Exhaust Mods - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 06-07.5 LBZ/LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 05:09 AM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

'07 LBZ Best Exhaust Mods

New to the forum, and I'm trying to decide how best to spend my Christmas money for the 2007 CCSB I purchased a month ago. The truck is all stock and I will be pulling a 10,500 lbs fifth wheel camper with mom and the kids. I want to add a performance exhaust without too much noise. I'm thinking of the DE quiet tone downpipe back exhaust with muffler. Any thoughts on that or other suggestions? Also, would a 3" downpipe add much noise? And if not, then which downpipe is best for fitment? I've read that they are now leaving the tab that bolts the downpipe to the exhaust manifold off. Is that ok? Future mods will be a transgo jr. kit and EFI Live by Nick. Thanks!
Pullrite Superglide 5th Wheel Hitch / DMI Quic 'n Easy Receiver Hitch
Transgo Jr./Allison Filter Lock
HD SynTran Tranny Fluid (John Deere's Syndtran)
Mike L. Transmission Cooler
Diesel Race Parts replacement Tranny Cooler Lines
Leveled Tow Mirrors
3" AFE Downpipe & 4" AFE Stainless Steel Exhaust
18" x 9" Ultra Predator 8 Wheels / Cooper Discoverer AT3 275/65 R18 Tires
Jd4230 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 06:16 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
it stinks and whistles :)
Lifetime Supporting Member

I hear good things about the diamond eye.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
rare parts gen2, bilstein 5100s, all season brace,
merchant pump rub fix, drp trans cooler lines,
air dogII 165
http://performancetruckproducts.com/
Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 07:53 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
812-344-4421

The Diamond Eye QT exhaust is a great choice if you want to keep it quiet. Adding a down pipe won't increase your sound much. I would go with a Pro Fab DP. It has a tab that mates up and works.
Meyerperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 11:55 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)

I recently purchased and installed 4 inch straight pipe on my 07 Lbz and surprisingly enough it does not have much drone in the cab at all even when towing a heavy load. It sounds like a screaming fifteen year old girl though. Your turbo will be surprisingly loud. A down pipe will get rid of that Lbz turbo hiss though.

2007 lbz duramax lt ec/sb - bone stock
192000 miles.
aeromycin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 11:56 AM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Mine is an mbrp turbo back straight pipe and I believe it cost right at 3 hundred bucks.

2007 lbz duramax lt ec/sb - bone stock
192000 miles.
aeromycin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 12:24 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)

I have a full stainless magnaflow with muffler, 4 inch, and its not to loud at all. The tone is nice when you get on it but fairly quiet at idle or easy throttle. Nice system.

06 CCSB 4x4 rancho lift/MagnaFlow down pipe/4" MagnaFlow stainless/trans go/EFI by Rob/Edge Insight CTS/AD165/egr blocked/pcv reroute/trans lines- SOLD

05 Cummins 4x4 silver short bed/road armor/smoked cab lights/edge J/A/ISSPRO gauges/straight pipe/H2's with 35" Hankooks/a few Carli goodies/08.5 steering linkage/red head gear box. SOLD
texasz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 12:39 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)

i agree on the magnaflow 4" the best fit easiest to install and also the most quiet. shes only loud if you get on it.Ive installed silverline on my dads lbz and a mbrp on on a ford all were turbo back the silverline came into contact with the body and i had to mash up the heat shielding on the bottom of the bed to keep it from ratling when the exhaust got hot. The mbrp was a nice kit but hard to work with due to it being aluminized. . if you decide to go aluminized make sure you you test fit it all first cuz once those clamps are on thats it there not coming off.
dirthand1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 01:20 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

I have a dual 4in DE with 3in downpipe. It is not too loud at all. It has barely any cab noise when cruising but when you get on it, its loud!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:54 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)

What will a down pipe gain me? would it be a good addition to the mods in my sig? or wont it help me? sorry im new to the diesel world
2004.5 lly CC/SB LT white 147k : EFI Live DSP5 Tuned by Kory : Georend transmission : Stright piped 4in MBRP turbo back exhaust : Pro fab down pipe : S&B CAI : Banks hot side intercooler pipe : EGR Block plate : AFE mouth piece : raptor lift pump : ported fuel fitting : shimmed fuel valve : CAT Nicktane adapter : Rare parts tie rods : Traction bars : Drive shaft loop
Dura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 05:42 AM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dura View Post
What will a down pipe gain me? would it be a good addition to the mods in my sig? or wont it help me? sorry im new to the diesel world
A 3" downpipe will drop your egts down about 100 degrees and give you a little better fuel mileage. It also takes that jet plane sound out and gives it a deeper tone. Very glad I did it to mine. I have an mbrp on mine only cause it was super cheap, but it didn't fit very good. I had to file the mouth of it quite a bit for it to fit into my turbo. Diamond eye and flo pro make nice ones for cheap. Look up pictures of stock vs aftermarket, it'll blow your mind on how restrictive the stock one is.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
3" mbrp downpipe
s&b cold air
kennedy diesel egr block
20x10 eagle alloy
305 nitto terra grapplers
dsp 5 tunes by idaho rob
autometer c2 egt and boost gauges
flipped trans cooler
FATBOY666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.