MBRP 4" installed..... - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 06-07.5 LBZ/LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:01 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

MBRP 4" installed.....

dont have any picture's. But i was wondering if this thing is gonna get any louder? Its got a nice tone inside the cab, but cant really hear any exhaust note coming out the tailpipe like i can on my buddies Ford with the 6.0 in it. Ive noticed its been burning out whatever is in the muffler cause ive been towing all day with it and could smell it from time to time. My exhaust for my M3 did the same thing, it burned out whatever is inside when they make it and the tone got louder and more aggresive.

I was 2 seconds away from ordering a front pipe for it and my dad came in and said that his best friend that is service manager at a huge chevy dealer says if i do that it will void the warranty, so now im stuck with this freaking cat on here that i want off! lol.

Matt
04LB7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2007, 08:09 PM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)
Administrator

You could get the front pipe and swap it out until you have to go to the dealer....then swap it back in. Which way are the louvers pointing on the muffler? Is the air being caught by it or does it flow over? You probably won't get much louder unless you either take out the muffler and straight pipe it or get rid of the kitty. Mine is pretty loud outside the truck, I have a good note and quite a bit of turbo whistle. I have the "off-road" system with the 4" front pipe. My truck never had the cat on it though. Your truck must have been a california emissions truck if it had a cat on it. I don't think any of the federal emissions trucks had the cat installed for the LB7 engine. Are you positive you have a cat?
TST Powermax Programmer, Diablosport Predator
305/70-16 BFG T/A KOs on Eagle Alloys Series 187
Clifford remote start. High Idle, Bilstein 5100s, 1.5" lift blocks
CAT fuel filter w/ nicktane adapter
Magnum Force Stage 2 intake with AMSOIL filter
Racor 2 Micron pre-OEM with heater & water sep
Lightforce 140s from Madjackracing
http://WWW.ATPTRUCKS.COM/
ob_1jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2007, 08:14 PM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)

yeah im positive.....dont pay attention to my board name....that was my old truck which is in my fleet now.....i have an 06 with an LLY in it.
04LB7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2007, 09:33 PM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Ok, it would probably be good to do a signature. Many guys do what I was saying, just buy the front pipe and swap it out when you need to go to service. That's probably why your truck isn't that loud. That cat still quiets things down quite a bit. You could always get rid of the muffler. Although, our trucks will never sound like PSD or Cummins.
TST Powermax Programmer, Diablosport Predator
305/70-16 BFG T/A KOs on Eagle Alloys Series 187
Clifford remote start. High Idle, Bilstein 5100s, 1.5" lift blocks
CAT fuel filter w/ nicktane adapter
Magnum Force Stage 2 intake with AMSOIL filter
Racor 2 Micron pre-OEM with heater & water sep
Lightforce 140s from Madjackracing
http://WWW.ATPTRUCKS.COM/
ob_1jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.