06 LBZ upgraded trans cooler - Page 5 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 06-07.5 LBZ/LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 11:25 PM   eBay Motors  #41 (permalink)

sub'd
White,06,LBZ,GMC,CC,SB,SLT,82,***miles,17"XD Misfits,305/70-17 Terra Grapps,Leveled Cognito Balljoint UCA's,Alpine deck,Kicker ZX500.1,2-10" Kicker ,PCV reroute,Res. plugged,5"MBRP straight,S&B intake,pipe,6"MBRPTip,Gutted magnaflow cat,AFE MP,EGR blocker, slipyolk,Edge CTS, TransGo Jr,Pro Fab Performance downpipe,AFE IC pipe,Nicktane/donaldson ,FPR plug,Mhale LB7 pistons, LMM rods, clevet bearings and ARP head studs,DS max flow exhaust manifold,new#6 injector,Drilled FRF, Pump rub fix, new trans cooler lines,PPE deep tranny pan,new#6 injector,the motor getting installed By Adams HRC Thanks to him Hes the best in town has saved me lots of $$
http://adamshighrollincustoms.com/[/SIZE]
STEENOS428 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 10:09 AM   eBay Motors  #42 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Somebody makes an upgraded trans cooler for the LBZ now. I just saw it for sale the other day, but I can't remember who makes it.
06 CCSB LBZ 4x4 LT3; torsion key lift (leveled); 265/75-16 Pro Comp A/T on OEM wheels (winter), BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain 275/70-18 on XD Diesel 18x9 (summer); MBRP 4" turbo back with Corsa muffler; EGR blocked; Edge Insight CTS gauges; EFI Live DSP2 by Idaho Rob - 80HP DD and 40HP tow with turbo brake (love it!); Rancho 9000XL shocks; updated rear cab mounts; Transgo Jr.; Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves; everything synthetic; Access Tonneau hiding Line-X; tinted windows 5% all around; Tekonsha P3 brake controller; HIR bulbs, more to come soon......
knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 10:16 AM   eBay Motors  #43 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Ah yes, here we go.

Performance Transmission Cooler for LB7/LLY and LBZ/LMM [12406--] - $449.99 : Pacific Performance Engineering, Innovations in Diesel Performance

Excess heat is the #1 killer or transmissions, and for those who tow, race or simply run their diesel hard, properly cooling the transmission fluid is one of the most important things that you can do to increase the life of your transmission. PPE’s Performance Transmission Cooler is a bolt-on replacement that lowers the fluid temperatures an additional 20 - 30 degrees over the stock unit. When the mainline pressure is increased with a high performance transmission kit, additional heat is generated and we recommend a Performance Transmission Cooler in these applications.

Features:
- Increased surface area provides 60% more heat rejection
- Lowers temps 20-30 degrees over stock units
- Installation takes approx. 30 minutes.

Available for:
2001-03, 2003-05 and 2006-10 Duramax diesel engines.

1240600 2001-03 Cooler - connectors with Orange Clips
1240603 2003-05 Cooler - connectors with Purple Clips
1240620 2006-2010 Cooler - connectors same all years
06 CCSB LBZ 4x4 LT3; torsion key lift (leveled); 265/75-16 Pro Comp A/T on OEM wheels (winter), BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain 275/70-18 on XD Diesel 18x9 (summer); MBRP 4" turbo back with Corsa muffler; EGR blocked; Edge Insight CTS gauges; EFI Live DSP2 by Idaho Rob - 80HP DD and 40HP tow with turbo brake (love it!); Rancho 9000XL shocks; updated rear cab mounts; Transgo Jr.; Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves; everything synthetic; Access Tonneau hiding Line-X; tinted windows 5% all around; Tekonsha P3 brake controller; HIR bulbs, more to come soon......
knaffie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 03:50 PM   eBay Motors  #44 (permalink)

cooler

Did you put any "rubber groments" or anything under the bottom L braket, I have read that some do for vibration. Also did you have to drill any holes for any of the bolts. Just curious, not real mechanical but I would like to reduce temps. Thanks Ron
rhollar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 10:12 PM   eBay Motors  #45 (permalink)
Why did i wait so long??
Lifetime Supporting Member

I didn't use any rubber grommets. The only holes I remember drilling were with the self tapping screws when I raised the upper support arm and I opened the hole on the right side to relocate the temp sensor. Let me know if you have any more questions.

2006 Chevy LLY CCSB LT3- SOLD

New 06/07 coming soon...
Nklpltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 06:22 AM   eBay Motors  #46 (permalink)

cooler

Ok, I didn't see any so I dove in last night, had your pics on the air cleaner box and I started at 6:30 ended at 8:00. I really apprevciated your pics, for some one like me they were a life saver. Will test today, it is suppose to be 105 today in KS. Thanks Ron
Old 06-27-2012, 12:52 PM   eBay Motors  #47 (permalink)
Go Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhollar View Post
Did you put any "rubber groments" or anything under the bottom L braket, I have read that some do for vibration. Also did you have to drill any holes for any of the bolts. Just curious, not real mechanical but I would like to reduce temps. Thanks Ron
I installed mine a year or so ago.. but i want to say i re-used the rubber grommets.. and it was a direct bolt on

Old 06-27-2012, 12:59 PM   eBay Motors  #48 (permalink)

Cooler

Looks like you were able to score an aftermarket cooler, I just flipped mine 180.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:44 AM   eBay Motors  #49 (permalink)
DuramaxForum Veteran

Do you think its worth. $450. I just messed up my stock cooler. Does it really lower the fluid temps? Thanks
2006 Chevy Silverado ..LBZ..mbrp 5" turbo exhaust (no muffler or cats) modified stock air intake, EFI by Kory Willis, Big Dipper stage IV trans, Precision ML, Pump rub fix, Alligator trans lines, Autometer guages, Airdog II-165, Ready Lift leveling kit, 285/75 Nitto Dune Grappler, Bilstein shocks, Cognito idler and pitman arm braces, PPE tie rod sleeves, fingerstick, blocker plate, pvc reroute,air intake regulator blocked, Banks boost tube, All Amsoil fluids.
tmm403 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 05:56 PM   eBay Motors  #50 (permalink)
DuramaxForum n00b

flipped mine 180. it did help lower temps
green440 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.