Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

New lbz rdl mods?

3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  RickDLance 
#1 ·
Just got a lbz already strait piped it, drop in k&n and about to install air dog 2 if it stops raining. bout to get a duramax tuner tune for it. Should I go for the 530 tune? Transfer jr kit first of course. My real question is I filled my cart full of rdl parts I mean everything ($1600) and I'm not sure if it is going to give me the bang for the buck. Is it all worth it. Will I see mpg increase? Quickness? Not sure?

#4 ·
Do you have plans to build the trans? What's RDL parts?

#5 ·
We installed a K&N filter on our 07' and it was a complete waste of money. They say you can notice the difference but performance wise, nothing was showing.

#6 ·
Don't get a 530 tune until your transmission is built. Do exhaust lift pump and a 90 -10pm tune and go from there. Your mph will increase if you can stay out of it. Don't do a K@N filter because there oiled and the oil can get into your turbo and gum it up.

#7 ·
Oiled filters of any brand are not good for turbo vehicles regardless of product claims. Dry filters filter smaller particles. Really the OEM intake is quite sufficient for power, but aftermarket will get the owner more sound.

A 530 tune will need a fully built transmission.

#9 ·
Ok future plans are getting the air dog 2 on, getting a transgo jr until I can afford to do the tranny, with the tune I was planning on getting a dsp5 430 tune but figured while I was at it i could get
1. light tow
2. Heavy tow
3. performance 430 tune (usually setting 4)
4. Extreme 430
5. Extreme 530 tune

Sound feasible?
The rdl parts I was wanting to get but not sure of doing were
1. Manifolds
2. Up pipes
3. Down pipes
4. Pass boost tube egr eliminator
5. Y pipe

As for the k&n filter, I didn't buy it and its a dry filter. But thanks for all the look outs.

#11 ·
The uppipes & manifolds aren't really necessary for the power level that you are going to run. Id save the cash for a trans build fund. All the other stuff sounds good

#13 ·
Don't know an exact number but wouldn't worry about it till you put together a built shortblock.

#15 ·
Exactly. Get that trans built

#22 ·
I'm thinking I am going to go this route as well once the other parts are on. Anything I can do to make the truck just all around healthier I think is worth it!

06 drw cclb summit lly

#23 ·
Profab is good shit I have they're y bridge and Proflow boost tube on my LBZ.

Rick do you still not yet make hotside IC pipes for LBZ/LMM?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.