AFE Intercooler Tube???? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07.5 LBZ & LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 06-07.5 LBZ/LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

DuramaxForum.com is the premier Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 10:15 PM   eBay Motors  #1 (permalink)

AFE Intercooler Tube????

Is the AFE Intercooler tube worth spending the money for? Can anyone tell a different after the install?
mods-4'' straight pipe with a 6'' tip, Autometer Boost and Pyro Gauges, AFE turbo inlet tubes, AFE Turbo Intercooler Tube, AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake with Pro Dry Filter, SXP 3'' turbo down pipe, EGR Blocked with finger stick, EFI Live SPADE DSP2 by Nick at Duramax Tuner and sold to me by Tyler at Meyer Performance
Duramax Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 09:19 AM   eBay Motors  #2 (permalink)

bump.......
mods-4'' straight pipe with a 6'' tip, Autometer Boost and Pyro Gauges, AFE turbo inlet tubes, AFE Turbo Intercooler Tube, AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake with Pro Dry Filter, SXP 3'' turbo down pipe, EGR Blocked with finger stick, EFI Live SPADE DSP2 by Nick at Duramax Tuner and sold to me by Tyler at Meyer Performance
Old 01-27-2011, 09:19 AM   eBay Motors  #3 (permalink)
saw what you did there
Lifetime Supporting Member

Depends on how much you pay for it.

I'm a cynic, so I don't think that anyone can tell a difference on something that claims such a small hp % gain.

but.... they (Banks makes one too) look nice, and they are much bigger than stock.
6K Lows, 3K Fogs, Tint.
CLICK BEFORE YOU POST!

theunderlord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2011, 09:23 AM   eBay Motors  #4 (permalink)
Duramax Forum Supporter
Supporting Member

i have the banks tube, i didnt notice any difference. i think its more for peace of mind, its supposed to run cooler?
BTBITTNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 05:28 PM   eBay Motors  #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBITTNER View Post
i have the banks tube, i didnt notice any difference. i think its more for peace of mind, its supposed to run cooler?
What kind of mods have you done to your trucK?

Has anyone else bought the intercooler tubes and noticed a difference such as louder turbo or lower egt's?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:31 PM   eBay Motors  #6 (permalink)
like a Ninja

i run the one we make couldnt really tell you on increases. i do too much at once.lol
BIG Thanks to: IdahoRob, Mike L., Suncoast, BD Diesel, PPE, Fuel, S&B, Industrial Injection

Alligator Diesel Performance - 208-777-1977
guytonLBZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 06:15 PM   eBay Motors  #7 (permalink)
Banned

No it wont make your truck run cooler, and banks is like 135 bucks. I dont see why anyone would want the AFE for 100 more bucks. I only got the banks pipe because my turbo housing would not fit the stocker.
Hondarider552 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 07:40 PM   eBay Motors  #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondarider552 View Post
No it wont make your truck run cooler, and banks is like 135 bucks. I dont see why anyone would want the AFE for 100 more bucks. I only got the banks pipe because my turbo housing would not fit the stocker.
Gee where did you find that price? I cant even find that on banks website for my truck. Maybe I am wrong but for the same price on both I would rather have the black tube then the grey banks one. I can get the AFE for $235 but if there is a better deal let me know. thanks
Old 01-31-2011, 09:19 PM   eBay Motors  #9 (permalink)
Banned

Banks is a way better deal. I got mine for that price over a year ago so it might have gone up. see if alligator performance has any.
Hondarider552 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 09:41 PM   eBay Motors  #10 (permalink)
saw what you did there
Lifetime Supporting Member

^^^alligator sells the one they make too, looks good.
6K Lows, 3K Fogs, Tint.
CLICK BEFORE YOU POST!

theunderlord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.