Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Maritimes, Canada
1) Check that the cam bearing under the turbo didn't spin and block oil flow to the bearings/vane position solenoid
2) Make sure to do a vane position sensor relearn with a Tech 2 after install
3) Pressurize the intake (post turbo) to 30 psi to verify you don't have any leaks
4) Use an EGR blockoff plate to ensure the EGR valve isn't leaking boost
5) Log demand vs actual vane position (%) as well as actual vs demand boost (psi) and MAF (lb/min) see if you can pinpoint when it happens
The engine will reduce fueling under the P0299 so it will drive poorly until you can prevent that code from recurring.
2005 Silverado EC/SB, LLY, 4WD, EFI DSP5 V2 (Idaho Rob at ATP), Edge CTS w/ EGT probe, LML Exhaust Manifold, PPE shimmed FPRV, Banks LBZ air cleaner, Profab intake, LBZ Turbo Mouthpiece, Kennedy twin lift pumps w/ megafilter, Corsa 304 SS Exhaust, Mike L tranny cooler, EXAXT Steering System, Redhead Power Steering Box w/ Amsoil PS fluid, Green Torsion Keys, Allison Deep Pan w/ Suncoast Filterlock and Transynd ATF, Bilstein 5100's (Norcal), Cognito UCA's, 17" NBS alloy rims, 265/70R17 Michelin LTX M/S2's, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT, CubbyCam Backup Camera, Pop & Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, Alphatherm AT-38OD Washer Fluid Heater
Last edited by MTL_Dmax; 04-23-2012 at 07:56 AM.