Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Sporadic no boost, blowing smoke. Help!

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  BrodyOlson 
#1 ·
My truck is an 06 LBZ 4x4. EFI Live, intake, exhaust, lift pump. I recently tuned my truck and it's been running great other than certain times. A couple times now when I put my foot down I will only build 1 or 2 psi of boost and poor coal, doesn't matter how far I have my foot down, wot or trying to ease into, almost no power. This does not only happen in certain tunes and doesn't run any codes while it's doing it. I'm fairly certain it's not a boost leak because if I stop and turn the truck off for 15 seconds, it will run like normal, over 30psi in an instant. Vane position seems to be normal while this is happening. Any thoughts to what this could be? Something to do with the vanes? Mass air flow sensor?

#3 ·
Swapped around a vane position sensor today and that didn't help. How big of a pain is it to clean the vanes?

#10 ·
This morning my truck did the same thing again. I let it warm up for about 10 min, took off down the road. Ran good for a mile, got to a hill and it lugged and barely build any boost. According to my sensor, I was at 78 percent, but if I lay off the throttle it almost instantly goes down to 57% which is what it idles at. Thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.