Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Diesel down

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jc1843 
#1 ·
I habe an 06 lbz that i just did head gaskets on and put it back together and now have a no start. Cranks fine has plenty rail pressure, no codes holding prime. I dont believe it has injector pulse but unsure because i smell exhaust. Scan tool shows crank and cam signals. 260 rpm while cranking. Any questions? I am begging for help! I am fully capable of any suggestions just seemed to be stumped right now.

#5 ·
Are you getting white smoke while cranking? If so then it may be a compression problem. Does it have the crisp cranking sound of a healthy diesel cranking. Have you checked every connection on that engine and wiring harness? Was it running when you tore it down? Did you do the work on it?

#6 ·
Yes i did the work. It took a couple months to do the work because of my job, but i did it all. It has a nice crisp sound when cranking. Habe not seen any white smoke, or smoke at all. I can smell exhaust though. I thoroughly checked all connections and the only one i found to be unplugged was c106 which is for a pto switch that this truck does not have. Funny thing is, it looks like it was plugged in because of drag marks on the terminals and cleanliness but can't locate the other end!

#9 ·
Moved to LBZ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.