Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

LBZ extremely loud issue

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Lbillz 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 lbz duramax. 120k miles. Truck has stock intake, egr, exhaust, etc. No tuning. I have a problem with extremely loud turbo whistle. It wasn't like this when I got the truck. It has gotten progressively worse overtime. It normally sounds like extremely loud turbo whistle but if I pull something that puts it in a load the noise cuts in and out rapidly. Sound like Morse Code in a way. Please help me figure this out, makes the truck annoying to drive and especially pull anything. Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Have you noticed a loss in power or more black smoke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Check around your Resonator and see if you have a leak or its loose. Or load up on Cetane boost and see if you can use it to burn out the Turbo and make it cleaner! Just triple dose it a few times then go to normal!

Also see if your thermostats are right. Lower temps will cause turbo clogs occasionally on these. Make sure your temps are around 190 or so when its fully heated!

Any check engine codes?

#6 ·
What he said.^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
for the late update. But I think I found my issue. I noticed my egr has a lot soot and oil around one of the gaskets. Not the gasket where the exhaust riser bolts on either. My question is would tuning the truck and blocking the egr keep the egr from seeing pressure or would I need to do a full egr delete or remove the egr and replace the leaking gasket and run it stock(which would obviously work)?

#13 ·
I had no idea my egr was leaking until I didn't pass the opacity test. Did a boost leak test and holy crap both gaskets on front of egr to the intake and one on the egr cooler up pipe connection. Everything deleted runs night and day better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.