Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Need help quick!!

918 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  J Rock 
#1 ·
ok, last night my buddy finished putting his injectors, egr delete, up pipes, and a few other little things. Went to crank it up and when i finally started it seems like its blowing compression out of some of the injector holes? We are in the process of pulling the few we can feel back out and checking the o-rings and all that... any help on what else to look for?? done 2 sets on lbz through our work and never have had this problem?

#2 ·
Did you replace the copper washers?
I had the same issue when I did mine. I went back and tightened the hell out of the hold downs and it stopped. I think the factory torque spec is way too low for re-used bolts.

#3 ·
yes all the washers are new... all the injectors are new too. think we have found the problem being a washer... getting a few new ones and o-rings. hopefully ill have a good update here after while

#5 ·
tried that, still doing the same thing... looks as if when we blew the holes out maybe a little carbon didnt come all the way out and got suck under the washer. We are putting the new ones on now, should know something after while.

#7 ·
yep thats what it was! thanks for the quick responses... got it back together and runs great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.