Fass not turning on - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
06-07 LBZ & LLY Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 06-07.5 LBZ/LLY Duramax Trucks No Advertising

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Fass not turning on

So I feel like everything that could go wrong in my duramax is going wrong. The other day I noticed when I turned the key that my fass is not coming on??? I checked my fuse and made sure everything is snug. I tried looking it up but everything I saw was for cummins. Please help me out

2006 duramax lbz. 22x12 American forces on 305/40r22 cooper ltz's. Fleece performance 63mm turbo, Fass 150, ATS torque converter with a fully built transmission. Cognito uca with upgraded ball joints and a stage 2 leveling kit, 5" MBRP straight pipe, and DSP-5 from Idaho Rob at ATP trucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone?

2006 duramax lbz. 22x12 American forces on 305/40r22 cooper ltz's. Fleece performance 63mm turbo, Fass 150, ATS torque converter with a fully built transmission. Cognito uca with upgraded ball joints and a stage 2 leveling kit, 5" MBRP straight pipe, and DSP-5 from Idaho Rob at ATP trucks
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 06:02 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Don't know much about the Fass but would think it's similar to the Air Dog, mine quit on me a little while back and the fuses were good ended up being the relay was bad. I would check for power at the pump itself and go from there. If you have power at the pump you probably will have to replace the pump itself.

2001 2500HD 4WD EXTENDED CAB LS,
S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
Don't know much about the Fass but would think it's similar to the Air Dog, mine quit on me a little while back and the fuses were good ended up being the relay was bad. I would check for power at the pump itself and go from there. If you have power at the pump you probably will have to replace the pump itself.
Do you have a idea where the relay would be?

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokercola88 View Post
Do you have a idea where the relay would be?
I noticed one time it did not come on so I turned the key off and turned the key again and it came on

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:45 AM

Garage
Free bump Not sure about whats going on

2015.5 2500 CC/SB, PCV Reroute, Res. Delete, Nitto Ridge Grap. 275/70/16, XD misfit Wheels (FOR SALE), S&B Intake, MotorOps tunes via Meyers Performance. FASS 150, Beans Sump, Blocker Plates

Coming soon/Plans:
Down pipe, 4'' Exhaust, EGR Delete, Intercooler, intercooler pipes, PPE pipes, SDP trans

SHEEPDOG
Til-Valhalla
The Dysfunctional Veteran
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:19 AM

The relay should be on the wire harness that was supplied with the pump, it's a square gray or black box that's about an inch square.

S&B CAI, 4" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST, EFI LIVE FROM ATP TRUCKS, EDGE CTS, PPE BOOST VALVE, AIR DOG II 165, REBUILT TRANNY WITH SUNCOAST KIT, TRANSGO SHIFTKIT AND BILLIT TORQUE CONVERTER, NEW UPGRADED TAILSHAFT, PUMP RUB FIX ON TRANSFER WITH NEW ALUMINUM TAIL SHAFT, NEW TOW MIRRORS, NEW GAGE HEAVY DUTY FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS, BEANS SUMP, FUMOTO VALVE, RARE PARTS TIE RODS WITH COGNITO PISK, MAD JACK FUEL FILTER ACCESS DOOR, STAINLESS STEEL SPEED BLEEDERS.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
The relay should be on the wire harness that was supplied with the pump, it's a square gray or black box that's about an inch square.
Does it sound like a relay since once before it didn't come on and then after I turned the key again it came on? Or is is sounding like a pump

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:47 AM

Could be either one. I would check the voltage at the pump with a volt meter to determine if it's getting power there.

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 06:21 AM

Garage

Good deal on Amazon if your interested. Just picked one up myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mray likes this.

2015.5 2500 CC/SB, PCV Reroute, Res. Delete, Nitto Ridge Grap. 275/70/16, XD misfit Wheels (FOR SALE), S&B Intake, MotorOps tunes via Meyers Performance. FASS 150, Beans Sump, Blocker Plates

Coming soon/Plans:
Down pipe, 4'' Exhaust, EGR Delete, Intercooler, intercooler pipes, PPE pipes, SDP trans

SHEEPDOG
Til-Valhalla
The Dysfunctional Veteran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode