Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

the life of my truck

257K views 3K replies 98 participants last post by  TexasRedNeck 
#1 ·
so, I thought it would be cool to show the progress of my truck over the past 5 years! I don't have 1 of it completely stock but pretty close. I bought it new in October of 2008 with 12 miles on it. I put 7-8 of those on it in the test drive. the first 2 pics are about 8-10 months after I got it. the next couple are shortly after some debadging and de moulding. I also had the tail lights tinted. at this point I also already had the 4" MBRP exhaust and quadzilla tuner on the truck.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
after 2 years and 25K hard miles the stock tires were shot! I went ahead and got some Cognito UCA's and new rubber. I decided to go with the Fierce Attitude M/T in 285/75-16 on the stock rims. in the mean time I also had a spray in bedliner installed and they also did the rear inner fenders.

Attachments

#4 ·
in these next few pictures I went ahead and got rid of my 4" MBRP and installed a diamond eye 5" with a 7" tip. ill be honest and say I never was truly satisfied with how it turned out. I adjusted it as much as I could and just wasn't happy overall! I also picked up a set of nfabs from a member on here since the coating on my gm ones started to peel.

Attachments

#6 ·
since I wasn't happy with the way the tailpipe looked I picked up a magnaflow tail pipe section and a 5"-6" MBRP tip. once I got it on and finished I was extremely happy with the outcome of it.

Attachments

#9 ·
Very nice ride man

#11 ·
the above pictures take it up through last summer. last fall I decided to debadge the truck. the only thing left is the bowties and the 4x4 decal.

Attachments

#12 ·
Looks good man! How did you paint the bow ties on your center caps? I tried to plasti dip mine but they just peeled right off.

Alex

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#16 ·
ok, so these next pictures are late last year. I finally decided on wheels for the truck after looking for a solid 2+ years. I settled with a 18x9 fuel krank with a -12 offset. i ordered the last set that fuel had on the shelf before they went on backorder. I went with the 285/65-18 nitto trail grappler and am extremely happy with the turnout!

Attachments

#21 ·
I want to lift it. Would love to put a zone 6 inch and 35's. But I am worried about the practicality of it.

Hauling firewood in a lifted truck sucks. Nice rig:neener

#27 ·
took some pics a few weeks ago. exterior wise it is probably done for a while. I want to add a all season front end brace and hopefully a fass 150 titanium after the first of the year. hopefully I can throw on my stock rims and a set of 285/75-16 BFG's or duratracs for the winter.

Attachments

#28 ·
Clear corners?

#30 ·
Not as difficult as you expect. Pretty simple actually.

#31 ·
this! Real easy to do and only long part is waiting for the silicone to dry.

#433 ·
Must have deep pockets to go hunting with such a beautiful truck! When you hit the deer do you try to tag it with the bumper or roll over it with the tires? I guess this would have made more send if his picture was attached too!

#34 ·
Didn't know mudding was hunting ;)

#38 ·
I love the progress Joe, just finally saw this thread. lol
And you are right about us ohioans...we do suck at meeting up. lol

#40 ·
Gotta subscribe!! Not fair how bad I want a long bed right now!!