Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Clarification/input on trains shifting with tunes

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ChubbyDiesel 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so the truck came with an H&S Xrt Pro Race tuner that had been setup with the truck/specific mods done in mind... I've had the truck for a little over a year and just got EFI live. The first thing I noticed is that with EFI live the shifting was smoother and not as abrupt or noticeable.
I have kept contact with the previous owner and let him know what I'm doing to the truck etc. I just let him know about what I had noticed and this was his reply.
I replied "so the hard shifts are good/ok?" He just replied "yes, that is what everything was built for." So if this is how he "built" it, is the truck better off with the H&S?
I know sometimes there are opinions and sometimes there are facts. I am still waaaaaay inexperienced when it comes to this sort of thing but I want to learn everything the right way. Thoughts, educated opinions and input welcome!!

See less See more
#5 ·
Efi live is custom to your truck unlike those boxed tunes, your good to go.

#6 ·
Some people..smh
Op your good, smooth shifts are what you want, even a built trans doesn't shift roughly. These aren't 47re transmissions lol
H&s is know for being hot, over fueled tuning, and he probabaly have the defuel tuned out and or the trans was starting to slip which is why you noticed harder shifts. These transmissions are extremely smart and need time to learn how you drive and the new found power they're putting to the ground. For example I grandpa my truck around most days. Whenever someone else drives it I can tell they did because the way the trans shifts because they drove it differently than I did

#7 ·
Trains running EFI now?
And shifting too?
....thought they were electric motors. haha:

#9 ·

Reactions: SilverGorillaLML
#10 ·
Technically a diesel generator running electric motors. Lol not to be THAT guy. Probably not a lot of shifting still!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.