Stock no more !! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
07.5-10 LMM Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2007.5 to 2010 LMM Duramax Trucks No Advertising

2Likes
  • 2 Post By slickdmax

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Stock no more !!

Well i figured i would start a thread on my truck, purchased this truck about a month ago, its a 2007 duramax lmm with 39000 miles. So far i have ordered sinister diesel egr delete got good deal for 100 bucks brand new, mbrp down pipe, pcv reroute, efi from atp with 5 position switch, rest of parts should be in wednesday, including 5 inch flo pro exhaust, s&b intake , and ash tray mount for the switch. I will be posting pics of my progress, just so excited to actually let the power loose on this baby, and get more than 11 mpg.
jo4450 and Paddlefish like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

sounds good

2015 GMC Denali 2500HD 4x4
Xtreme Diesel EGR blocker plates, S&B intake, Flo-Pro exhaust, AirDog, EZ LYNX
Titan fuel tank, Kicker sound system, Ridge Grapplers, Bushwacker flares, Weather Tech, Carhartt seat covers
Hide-a-lift self loader, Air Lift bags with wireless controller.42'light bar in the grill, 26' in the rear. strobe lights in all 4 corners
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:38 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

$100 for the Sinister new , just make sure you don't have the first version or a cheap knock off claiming to be as good or equal to the Sinister, this has happened to a few.

When they first came out the up-pipe block support was made of a thinner metal, it didn't hold up very good causing the up-pipe to crack.

Mines been on about 3 1/2 years it was the revised newer version, which holds up very good, with no problems.

The worse case senaro would be having to shell out $$$ for a LB7 up-pipe or one that's been welded closed.

Any questions you could call Sinister and pick their brain on what you have.
"Good Luck"

2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW "BLACK", SLT, C.C., 4X4, Loaded, DMax,Z71
Edge Insight CTS2, CFM Billet Valve Cover/Oil Fill Neck Breather, PCV Re-Route, Sinister EGR Delete, AirDog, ISSPRO fuel pressure gauge, BD Manifold, Diamond Eye down pipe & front pipe, 5" DPF(less)back exhaust with 6" tip, DIY Stock airbox mod with aFe Proguard 7 airfilter, Cognito NON Torsion Bar 4" lift, Cognito UCA's, Pitman/Idler arm support, Sulastic Rubber Shackles, Firestone Ride Rite, Bilsteins 5100's front/rear
EFILive ECM tuned by ATP www.atptrucks.com
TCM
tuned by www.duramaxtuner.com

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only by MJE Tuning

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 12:49 AM
DuramaxForum Guru

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE CC/SB 4x4 LMM
EFI Live, Edge Insight CTS, Flo~Pro 4" DP back exhaust w/ muffler & stock trumpet tip, Resonator delete plug, Alum. bleeder screw, WIF sensor delete plug, Fumoto oil drain valve, Pacer LED cab lights, GM dually light bar under tailgate, Footwell lights, Cobra 29 WXNWST CB radio, Wilson 2000 CB antenna, Kenwood speakers, GM chrome oval running boards, Bilstein 5100s, Michelin Defender M/S on PY0 wheels, Rubber mud flaps, Curt class IV hitch
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I figure I would use sinisters kit and see how well it worked , if I have issue I will do the lb7 up pipe .The guy I got it off of was on eBay and he only opened the box and everything has sinister name on it and the deal was too good to pass up, I almost bought the knock off stuff but heard a lot of bad things about them
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 08:26 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I like mine especially retaining the grid heater and stock look.
Once you get the kit I suggest calling Sinister to verify which block plate you have.
If it's the newer thicker version you should be good, if it's the thinner one you might just consider getting the LB7 up-pipe to install right off the bat.

Edge Insight CTS2, CFM Billet Valve Cover/Oil Fill Neck Breather, PCV Re-Route, Sinister EGR Delete, AirDog, ISSPRO fuel pressure gauge, BD Manifold, Diamond Eye down pipe & front pipe, 5" DPF(less)back exhaust with 6" tip, DIY Stock airbox mod with aFe Proguard 7 airfilter, Cognito NON Torsion Bar 4" lift, Cognito UCA's, Pitman/Idler arm support, Sulastic Rubber Shackles, Firestone Ride Rite, Bilsteins 5100's front/rear
TCM

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

I think I have the newest version since the part number is the same as on their site , I didn't measure the plate but it seems like its aprx 1/2 inch
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 07:16 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

The part number didn't change, but a good answer is just one phone call away.

TCM

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

So over the past few days, I got the exhaust , down pipe, egr delete, intake done on my truck and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!. Truck will spin the tires in the eco tune with 1/4 throttle if I do it too quickly. whole different animal compared to my old 12 valve I had just sold. Thanks so much to ATP diesel for the efi live and the great deal I got. The directions were very straight forward and very detailed. BEST DIECISION BY FAR .! I will try to post pictures later. Now I need to figure out what I want to do next
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 07:44 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Garage
Trans so you can put the power to the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaime S.
06 RCLB 4x4
EFI live
Built trans
30% sticks
68mm stg2r
Supporting mods
Top end rebuild at 90k
Hot blonde driven and maintained
Wondering when the bottom end will blow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode